On Saturday May 22nd, The Oak Creek Community Center conducted the first of six scheduled Bender Park Beach clean-ups. Fourteen volunteers from the Community Center, Oak Creek Kiwanis Club and NUCOR Cold Finish Wisconsin picked up close to 25 pounds of trash from the Beach, Marina and walking trail areas.
Working in conjunction with the Alliance for the Great Lakes, the Community Center has taken the lead to maintain the health and cleanliness of our community's greatest natural resource. The "Oak Creek Adopt-A-Beach Team" mission is to preserve Lake Michigan and the Bender Park Beach area for current and future generations to enjoy.
The next three clean-ups will be conducted from 9 to 11am on Saturday's June 26,July 24, and August 28. All volunteers meet at the Bender Park Beach pavilion.
For additional details or to join the volunteer team, contact Rich Duchniak of the Oak Creek Community Center at 414-768-5840 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You can make a difference!!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Christmas Egypyian Cookie Sale
- Annual Cookie Walk at Faith Community Church - Franklin
- AWA Star "Baron Von Raschke"
- Community Toy Drive
- Choosing Educational Gifts for Children
- Tree Lighting Party @St. Francis Public Library
- Brunch and Photo with Santa
- Unwind with Stress-free Holiday Shopping in Shorewood
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Local Girl Scout troop collecting Cans for Kids this Saturday, Dec. 7