Surprise Dad!! - The preparation began on June 14, 2009 when fifteen children and their parents gathered for the Mini Monets Father's Day Event. Using either their handprint or footprint, children had a choice in projects to create as a surprise for their Dads for Father's Day. Owner and Instructor , Annette Burckart quotes "We had such interest in this event and had to turn people away because we just couldn't take more than fifteen children." We hope to have other future one- day workshops like this. Many of these people also attend monthly classes.
Franklin residents, Hailey and Dominic , show off their finished masterpieces in their artwork above with their Mom.
Mini Monets will celebrate it's one year anniversary this coming Fall. Offering Mommy and Me Art Classes for ages 2-8 year round, their ideas are unique and sentimental. Parents get to spend one on one time with their children without the distractions of home. And children get a boost in self esteem when they are finished with their masterpiece. It is a "win- win" situation for all!
For more information check out www.minimonets.weebly.com or call 414-762-4482- Annette
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Stamp Show celebrates club's 125th year
- "The Ultimate Sacrifice and History" presented by Tom Mueller (Oak Creek Resident)
- Youth Basketball events hosted by WI Shooters
- Economic Developments on the Horizon in Oak Creek and Franklin
- Local Job Fair Held to Hire Seasonal Associates for BuySeasons, Inc.
- Day Trip to Chicago - Treat Yourself!
- Apple Holler's Farmers Market & Country Fair is Aug. 24
- 50TH SAINT FRANCIS DAYS
- Cudahy Lions Brat Fry
- Health Fair Returns to South Milw Downtown Market - Sept 4th