With their GFL season opener less than a week away, the Renegades are ready for what looks to be a great showdown between them and the South Milwaukee Rage.
The Renegades look to improve on a disappointing 2008 season and have made several improvements in the offseason. The Renegades decided to change their colors to blue and black to better relate to the great football tradition of Oak Creek football. They were also able to recruit several new players resulting in a roster almost twice the numbers as last season. The Renegades were also able to bring in some big sponsors with the recent addition of Expert Roofing, a week before the start of the season. With the additional funds, the Renegades will be able to purchase and sell merchandise at their home games.
The season opener showdown will start at 7pm , with the gate opening at the Milwaukee County Sports Complex in Franklin. The cost to enter the stadium is $5 for adults, $2 for kids (5-17) and free to senior citizens, children under 5 and military member with a vailid military id. This season, the Renegades will not only accept cash, but will also accept VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS credit cards for both ticket purchases as well as merchandise purchases.
All of the proceeds from tickets sales from the season opener will be donated to Children's Hospital of Milwaukee and the Child Abuse Prevention Fund. So, come support your Oak Creek Renegades and help support Children's Hospital and the CAP Fund as well.
For more information about the Renegades, please visit www.oakcreekrenegades.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Girl Scout Daisy Flower Garden Party
- STM Student Wins Prestigious Gates Scholarship
- Garden Revitalization Educational Series with Melinda Myers at Boerner Botanical Gardens runs May 21 through October 5
- Ted Lang Speed and Agility Camp at Cudahy High School (June 17th-21st)
- Cudahy High School Football to Offer Free Football Camps This Summer
- Cudahy High School Football Golf Outing-August 17th at Grant Park
- Memorial Day Program
- Children's Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
- Welcome to First Weber Group...
- Grant Park Warbler Walks welcomes newbies