The 2014 track season at Oak Creek East Middle School was one for the ages. For the first time in school history, each individual division took home season-ending conference titles.
The team consists of 4 divisions: 7th grade girls, 8th grade girls, 7th grade boys and 8th grade boys. The 7th graders won their titles at the Conference Meet at Muskego on May 20, 2014. The 8th grade teams collected their championships the following afternoon at the Conference Meet hosted by Greendale.
Besides capping their seasons with conference titles, the squads also did well throughout the season. The teams swept the Cudahy Indoor meet on April 29, 2014. Next, the team won 2 divisions at the Forest Park Invite held on April 30th and May 1st.
Finally, in unheard of fashion, the squad won 3 out of 4 divisions at the Mukwonago Relays on May 7th and 8th. That meet is the largest middle school track meet in the state of Wisconsin as more than 24 middle school teams participated from around the area.
On a side note, the 8th grade boys team finished their middle school careers undefeated! They won all 12 meets they entered between this year and last year. It will be hard to match the program's recent success, but the coaches are already looking forward to next season.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Pediatric Advocate to speak at Franklin Public Library
- Oak Creek Public Library: 'Star Wars Reads Day!'
- Flu Clinic at the Oak Creek Public Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips for Easier Fall Lawn & Garden Maintenance
- Harvest Tasting Fundraiser at Cudahy Family Library
- Brew City Pet Services Attends International Pet-Sitter Conference
- Oktoberfest - Saturday, October 18th FREE Admission!
- Oak Creek's Best Kept Secret
- RED HOT MAMA! A Tribute to Sophie Tucker (featuring Becky Spice)
- Rocketober Brings Special Events to South Milwaukee