The 2014 track season at Oak Creek East Middle School was one for the ages. For the first time in school history, each individual division took home season-ending conference titles.
The team consists of 4 divisions: 7th grade girls, 8th grade girls, 7th grade boys and 8th grade boys. The 7th graders won their titles at the Conference Meet at Muskego on May 20, 2014. The 8th grade teams collected their championships the following afternoon at the Conference Meet hosted by Greendale.
Besides capping their seasons with conference titles, the squads also did well throughout the season. The teams swept the Cudahy Indoor meet on April 29, 2014. Next, the team won 2 divisions at the Forest Park Invite held on April 30th and May 1st.
Finally, in unheard of fashion, the squad won 3 out of 4 divisions at the Mukwonago Relays on May 7th and 8th. That meet is the largest middle school track meet in the state of Wisconsin as more than 24 middle school teams participated from around the area.
On a side note, the 8th grade boys team finished their middle school careers undefeated! They won all 12 meets they entered between this year and last year. It will be hard to match the program's recent success, but the coaches are already looking forward to next season.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Encouraging Independence to help Unlock your Child’s Potential
- Scholarships for UW-Parkside Nonprofit Leadership Program
- Team Hope Walk/Run to Benefit Huntington's Disease
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- Memoir about Oak Creek
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Thankful for a tobacco-free Dad
- Enjoy Shop St. Francis Week, June 29th to July 5th
- Act, Love, Walk: Prayer Walk to End Human Trafficking
- Summer Fun at the St. Francis Library