The Lions Eye Bank of Wisconsin (LEBW) located in Madison would like to invite you to join us, along with the Oak Creek Lions and Leos, South Milwaukee Lions and Leos, in Dining to Donate at one of thirty-eight Wisconsin Hospitality Group (WHG) owned Applebee's locations to help support National Eye Donor Awareness Month.
Fifteen percent of your dinner (excluding gratuities and alcoholic beverages) will be donated to the Lions Eye Bank of Wisconsin on March 17th, 2014.
You MUST bring a flyer to the restaurant to have the proceeds donated to the Lions Eye Bank of Wisconsin. The flyer can be printed from Lions Eye Bank of WI website, along with a listing of locations - www.lebw.org. The Oak Creek Applebee's is a participating location (7135 South 13th St., 53154).
What is National Eye Donor Awareness Month? A month devoted to honoring eye donors and corneal recipients, and increasing awareness of the need for eye donations. The eye banking community promotes the month of March as National Eye Donor Month in order to encourage eye donation in the communities that we serve. The first National Eye Donor Month was observed in 1983 as a result of a proclamation read by President Ronald Reagan designating March as an opportunity to raise awareness of the need to donate eyes, to recognize donors and their families, and to celebrate recipients. Since then, a member of Congress has continued the tradition and reads a proclamation into the Congressional Record each March.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fun, food and fireworks, it's South Shore Frolic time!
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Annual Flag Day at The Berkshire of Greendale
- Graphics Systems Corp. Expands Executive Team with Manufacturing Industry Veteran
- Music for every Palate – South Milwaukee Market announces July music line up
- Encouraging Independence to help Unlock your Child’s Potential
- Scholarships for UW-Parkside Nonprofit Leadership Program
- Team Hope Walk/Run to Benefit Huntington's Disease
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park