The Lions Eye Bank of Wisconsin (LEBW) located in Madison would like to invite you to join us, along with the Oak Creek Lions and Leos, South Milwaukee Lions and Leos, in Dining to Donate at one of thirty-eight Wisconsin Hospitality Group (WHG) owned Applebee's locations to help support National Eye Donor Awareness Month.
Fifteen percent of your dinner (excluding gratuities and alcoholic beverages) will be donated to the Lions Eye Bank of Wisconsin on March 17th, 2014.
You MUST bring a flyer to the restaurant to have the proceeds donated to the Lions Eye Bank of Wisconsin. The flyer can be printed from Lions Eye Bank of WI website, along with a listing of locations - www.lebw.org. The Oak Creek Applebee's is a participating location (7135 South 13th St., 53154).
What is National Eye Donor Awareness Month? A month devoted to honoring eye donors and corneal recipients, and increasing awareness of the need for eye donations. The eye banking community promotes the month of March as National Eye Donor Month in order to encourage eye donation in the communities that we serve. The first National Eye Donor Month was observed in 1983 as a result of a proclamation read by President Ronald Reagan designating March as an opportunity to raise awareness of the need to donate eyes, to recognize donors and their families, and to celebrate recipients. Since then, a member of Congress has continued the tradition and reads a proclamation into the Congressional Record each March.
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Opener on June 2nd
- HamBINGO Thursday June 2 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Beer Garden
- Valedictorian: Wisconsin Connections Academy Taught Me More than Academics
- Join us for Croatian Fest 2016
- Martin Luther Softball Advances with Regional Win
- World Wide Knit in Public Day Celebration at Cudahy Family Library
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Art Show at Cudahy Depot
- OAKVIEW BUSINESS PARK LOOKS TO CAPITALIZE ON ROBUST OAK CREEK DEVELOPMENT MARKET