The Lions Eye Bank of Wisconsin (LEBW) located in Madison would like to invite you to join us, along with the Oak Creek Lions and Leos, South Milwaukee Lions and Leos, in Dining to Donate at one of thirty-eight Wisconsin Hospitality Group (WHG) owned Applebee's locations to help support National Eye Donor Awareness Month.
Fifteen percent of your dinner (excluding gratuities and alcoholic beverages) will be donated to the Lions Eye Bank of Wisconsin on March 17th, 2014.
You MUST bring a flyer to the restaurant to have the proceeds donated to the Lions Eye Bank of Wisconsin. The flyer can be printed from Lions Eye Bank of WI website, along with a listing of locations - www.lebw.org. The Oak Creek Applebee's is a participating location (7135 South 13th St., 53154).
What is National Eye Donor Awareness Month? A month devoted to honoring eye donors and corneal recipients, and increasing awareness of the need for eye donations. The eye banking community promotes the month of March as National Eye Donor Month in order to encourage eye donation in the communities that we serve. The first National Eye Donor Month was observed in 1983 as a result of a proclamation read by President Ronald Reagan designating March as an opportunity to raise awareness of the need to donate eyes, to recognize donors and their families, and to celebrate recipients. Since then, a member of Congress has continued the tradition and reads a proclamation into the Congressional Record each March.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- "Brass at the Border" concert
- “Grillologists,” Lambeau Leap Inventor, and Local Experts on Food to Present at Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show
- House of Love Celebration '15 Is Almost Here!
- Cudahy Board of Education Approves Inquiry into Purchase of South Shore YMCA Building
- End of an Era
- Oak Creek Library Make and Take Craft Program
- An Open Letter to Governor Walker Regarding "Easy" Teacher Licensure
- Aicardi Party Beer and Wine Tasting Event
- New Day Church Moving to Oak Creek
- 8U Zone Baseball Looking To Fill Out Its Roster