For those of us who are getting older and are finding that we are slowing down, there are two things to remember: exercise your body and exercise your mind! Walking everyday can do wonders for your body, while puzzles everyday can do wonders for your mind.
There is a new series of puzzle books on the market today that were created to do just that. Definition Scramble is a series of progressive puzzle books written by a graduate of Oak Creek High School. In fact, one of the schools retired teachers was influential in molding his passion.
That author is me, Randy Zimmerman. I graduated from Oak Creek in 1978. I went off to UW-Madison, joined the Air Force, got married and had a family. But never let go of what I always wanted to do - write books.
Definition Scramble books have been out on the market for a little over a year. There are 7 available, plus two bilingual books that promote Spanish to English learning. I've done appearances at bookstores, coffee shops, a library and several senior centers. Senior centers are my favorite because I do interactive workshops.
Just recently I had the privilege to be on Fox 6 Real Milwaukee, a great show that promotes local people and their endeavors. There are many more books on the way along with their bilingual versions.
The books are available all over the world and on most every online bookstore. I don't know exactly how far this all will go, but I will always be grateful for the education and guidance that I received by attending Oak Creek High School.
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Opener on June 2nd
- HamBINGO Thursday June 2 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Beer Garden
- Valedictorian: Wisconsin Connections Academy Taught Me More than Academics
- Join us for Croatian Fest 2016
- Martin Luther Softball Advances with Regional Win
- World Wide Knit in Public Day Celebration at Cudahy Family Library
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Art Show at Cudahy Depot
- OAKVIEW BUSINESS PARK LOOKS TO CAPITALIZE ON ROBUST OAK CREEK DEVELOPMENT MARKET