For those of us who are getting older and are finding that we are slowing down, there are two things to remember: exercise your body and exercise your mind! Walking everyday can do wonders for your body, while puzzles everyday can do wonders for your mind.
There is a new series of puzzle books on the market today that were created to do just that. Definition Scramble is a series of progressive puzzle books written by a graduate of Oak Creek High School. In fact, one of the schools retired teachers was influential in molding his passion.
That author is me, Randy Zimmerman. I graduated from Oak Creek in 1978. I went off to UW-Madison, joined the Air Force, got married and had a family. But never let go of what I always wanted to do - write books.
Definition Scramble books have been out on the market for a little over a year. There are 7 available, plus two bilingual books that promote Spanish to English learning. I've done appearances at bookstores, coffee shops, a library and several senior centers. Senior centers are my favorite because I do interactive workshops.
Just recently I had the privilege to be on Fox 6 Real Milwaukee, a great show that promotes local people and their endeavors. There are many more books on the way along with their bilingual versions.
The books are available all over the world and on most every online bookstore. I don't know exactly how far this all will go, but I will always be grateful for the education and guidance that I received by attending Oak Creek High School.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Setting Limits without Curbing Creativity
- Applebee's Pancake Breakfast Saturday March 21 benefiting Second Hand Purrs
- Beth Moore Comes to Milwaukee!
- Bunny Plans Special Stop at Pulaski Pavilion
- Parkside Theatre Presents "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- Divorce Care Support Group to Begin
- Zymbiotics Fine Natrually Fermented Foods now Available at Malicki's Piggly Wiggly on Rawson and at the Outpost Co-op
- 2nd Saturday Wisconsin
- Franklin Artist Wins "Best of Show" at 2015 League of Milwaukee Artists' Spring Show
- Popular Spring Market returns to South Milwaukee High School – March 7th