Listen to an interactive presentation about Amtrak and the National Park Service’s Trails & Rails program at the Oak Creek Public Library, on January 7, 2014 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
This informative presentation will be given by National Park Service volunteers and authors, Robert & Kandace Tabern. The Taberns volunteer on Amtrak's Southwest Chief for approximately 300 miles between Chicago, Illinois and La Plata, Missouri, and provide commentary about the natural and historical features along the route for passengers.
In addition to being the coordinators of the Southwest Chief Trails & Rails program, the pair has written a 219-page book about the interesting natural and historical features of the Southwest Chief train route, titled Outside the rails: a rail route guide from Chicago to La Plata, MO.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City of Cudahy Arbor Day/ Earth Day Free Event
- Chant Claire Chamber Choir Announces Spring Concerts
- HUGE Kelly Senior Center Rummage - Saturday, April 26
- "Biggest Loser" contestant Lisa Rambo in Franklin on April 26th & 27th
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Spring Market Returns to SM High School on April 26th
- Grand Opening Activities Highlight Importance of Photos
- Cudahy High School "Reality Check" Program Volunteers Neeeded
- St. Clare Street Fair
- Eat at Ruby Tuesday in Greendale April 17-19 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs