Gus’ Mexican Cantina and Nucor Cold Finish Wisconsin Receive South Suburban Chamber Awards
The South Suburban Chamber honored Gus’ Mexican Cantina, Franklin, and Nucor Cold Finish Wisconsin, Oak Creek, at its Annual Awards Dinner, on Wednesday, January 30.
Governor Scott Walker was the guest speaker. In congratulating all of the winners and finalists, the Governor also recognized the south suburban area as an powerful economic driver in not only Milwaukee County, but also for the entire state of Wisconsin.
Jerry Richie accepted the 2012 Business of the Year Award on behalf of Nucor Cold Finish Wisconsin, Oak Creek. The Business of the Year Award is given to a company for their success, their contributions to the local community and to the community at large. In presenting the award, Executive Director, Barbara Wesener, said that Nucor Cold Finish Wisconsin and its teammates have been an active and generous corporate citizen in the South Suburban area and has been an active member of the Chamber. Nucor was a founding member of the Chamber’s Manufacturing Council and has participated in many of the Chamber’s activities.
ESC Services, Inc. and Precision Color Graphics, both of Franklin, were recognized as finalists for the Business of the Year.
Gus’ Mexican Cantina won the Chamber’s Pride in Premises Award. Accepting the award were Gus and Debbie Hosseini. The Pride in Premises Award is given to a company or organization that has demonstrated great care for their physical environment, for their buildings and surroundings. Gus’ Mexican Cantina has established and maintained an outdoor dining experience with tropical plants, flowers and trees.
Dental Associates and Staybridge Suites Milwaukee Airport South, both of Franklin, were recognized as finalists for the Pride in Premises Award.
The Chamber’s Annual Awards Dinner at the Crowne Plaza Hotel was attended by more than 220 South Suburban Chamber members, business leaders and elected officials.
The South Suburban Chamber of Commerce represents Oak Creek, Franklin and
surrounding south suburban communities. More information on the Chamber can be
found at www.southsuburbanchamber.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Great Lakes Lighthouses Speaker at Next Cudahy Historical Society Meeting
- Best Presents Aren't Things presented by Kathi Miller
- South Milwaukee Lions Step up to Help Community Organizations
- Marching Knights Earn First Place in Class AAAA at WSMA State Marching Band Championships
- Franklin Lioness Fair Set for Oct. 25 at MATC's Oak Creek Campus; Proceeds Benefit MATC Scholarships
- Holiday Folk Fair to Help Celebrate Italian Heritage Month
- "Identity Theft" presented by Educators Credit Union
- JV Girls Volleyball wins South East Conference Championship
- Honoring Our Heroes This Veteran’s Day at the Franklin Public Library
- FAMILY HALLOWEEN HOUSE