Oak Creek resident wins Days of Sharing donation for St. Matthew’s School – Oak Creek from Northwestern Mutual
Northwestern Mutual, through its Foundation, is announcing a $2,000 grant for St. Matthew’s School – Oak Creek on behalf of Oak Creek resident Kelly Koronkowski, a winner in Northwestern Mutual’s Days of Sharing campaign. The annual program encourages employees to nominate local nonprofits they care deeply about to receive grant funds in their name.
Koronkowski works as an executive assistant in the corporate offices at the Milwaukee-based financial security company.
“This grant will help the teachers and staff by providing supplies for the classroom, field trips and other needs,” said Koronkowski. “The school teaches students, like my own children, to be involved in their community and to be strong individuals.”
More than 770 employees nominated their favorite local nonprofit as part of Days of Sharing this year. The 25 winning grants were chosen at random each day during the week of November 12 and range in size from $1,000 to $10,000.
“Northwestern Mutual employees have a long history of giving back to the community,” said John Kordsmeier, president, Northwestern Mutual Foundation. “This is a unique way for us to recognize and honor the passion that employees like Kelly have for strengthening the places where we live and work.”
More than 1,000 Northwestern Mutual employees donate 21,000 hours each year to community volunteer efforts through group activities, mentoring, charity drives, and service on nonprofit boards.
In the program’s five-year history, the Northwestern Mutual Foundation has awarded more than $600,000 in grants on behalf of its employees.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rumbarroco Free Performance at UW-Parkside, Oct. 18
- 35th Annual "Pioneer Farm Days"
- Job Fair to be Held at MATC's Oak Creek Campus Oct. 13
- Fall Family Story Time September 30
- INTERFAITH HOSTING ANNUAL NEIGHBORHOOD OUTREACH FUNDRAISER TO SUPPORT SENIORS IN THE COMMUNITY
- Find Your Pumpkin in the Park
- Art & Wellness
- All You Can Eat Breakfast Sunday, October 11th
- TWO MEN AND A TRUCK Kicks off Movers for Military Drive to Help Veterans in Shelters
- Community Events at Faith Community Church - Franklin