Specially decorated for Christmas, The Polish Center of Wisconsin will glow with the warmth of a traditional Polish Christmas Eve (Wigilia) celebration. Guests will learn about Polish Christmas customs and savor a family-style Wigilia meal, catered by Jack Norman Catering and served by Polish Center volunteers.
The evening will begin with sharing of the opłatek (Wigilia wafer). The menu of traditional meatless dishes will include marinated herring, vegetable salad, barszcz (beet soup) with dumplings, fried and baked cod, pierogi, fruit compote, and assorted sweets.
After dinner there will be singing of Polish and English Christmas Carols, Koledy.
Cost: $35 for adults; $20 for children ages 6-15. Children 5 and under are free.
Call The Polish Center at 414-529-2140 to make a reservation. Reservations are required by December 2, 2012
The Polish Center of Wisconsin
6941 S 68th Street
Franklin, WI 53132
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Take a test drive and get a box of Girl Scout Cookies!
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Named to 100 Top Hospitals List
- Freaky Friday Dance
- ZUMBA Party on St Patrick's Day
- "Warm Your Heart" Chili and Jewelry Invite
- OCPL "Reading Madness" FUNdraiser
- Little House on the Prairie Book Club
- Oak Creek Library Make and Take Craft Program Saturday March 7
- Cinderella at the Avalon: A Cudahy Family Library Benefit
- Why You Should Care About National Consumer Protection Week