Specially decorated for Christmas, The Polish Center of Wisconsin will glow with the warmth of a traditional Polish Christmas Eve (Wigilia) celebration. Guests will learn about Polish Christmas customs and savor a family-style Wigilia meal, catered by Jack Norman Catering and served by Polish Center volunteers.
The evening will begin with sharing of the opłatek (Wigilia wafer). The menu of traditional meatless dishes will include marinated herring, vegetable salad, barszcz (beet soup) with dumplings, fried and baked cod, pierogi, fruit compote, and assorted sweets.
After dinner there will be singing of Polish and English Christmas Carols, Koledy.
Cost: $35 for adults; $20 for children ages 6-15. Children 5 and under are free.
Call The Polish Center at 414-529-2140 to make a reservation. Reservations are required by December 2, 2012
The Polish Center of Wisconsin
6941 S 68th Street
Franklin, WI 53132
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Spring Market Returns to SM High School on April 26th
- Grand Opening Activities Highlight Importance of Photos
- Cudahy High School "Reality Check" Program Volunteers Neeeded
- St. Clare Street Fair
- Eat at Ruby Tuesday in Greendale April 17-19 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- App Helps Children Accomplish Two Minutes of Brushing
- 20th Assembly District Candidate Mike Pierce Names Campaign Manager
- South Milwaukee seeks 4th District Alderperson Candidates
- "Crossings" Street Theater Coming in May
- Have fun while helping others!