Specially decorated for Christmas, The Polish Center of Wisconsin will glow with the warmth of a traditional Polish Christmas Eve (Wigilia) celebration. Guests will learn about Polish Christmas customs and savor a family-style Wigilia meal, catered by Jack Norman Catering and served by Polish Center volunteers.
The evening will begin with sharing of the opłatek (Wigilia wafer). The menu of traditional meatless dishes will include marinated herring, vegetable salad, barszcz (beet soup) with dumplings, fried and baked cod, pierogi, fruit compote, and assorted sweets.
After dinner there will be singing of Polish and English Christmas Carols, Koledy.
Cost: $35 for adults; $20 for children ages 6-15. Children 5 and under are free.
Call The Polish Center at 414-529-2140 to make a reservation. Reservations are required by December 2, 2012
The Polish Center of Wisconsin
6941 S 68th Street
Franklin, WI 53132
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Vendor & Craft Fair Fundraiser
- church bazaar
- Supper Clubs on the menu at Franklin Public Library
- Community Conversations @ the OCPL: Holocaust Survivor Howard Melton
- City of Cudahy Arbor Day/ Earth Day Free Event
- Chant Claire Chamber Choir Announces Spring Concerts
- HUGE Kelly Senior Center Rummage - Saturday, April 26
- "Biggest Loser" contestant Lisa Rambo in Franklin on April 26th & 27th
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Spring Market Returns to SM High School on April 26th