Alverno College's Brittany Carpenter and Nava Moniriarani were named to the All-Northern Athletics Conference Second Team, as the league office announced the awards for the 2012 women's soccer season today.
The NAC posted a 14-member first team and 14-member second team, voted on by the leagues head coaches.
"I'm really proud of how Nava and Brittany have played all season," Alverno head coach Brittany Nikolic said. "Both have worked extremely hard for their team and are very deserving of this honor."
Carpenter (Winneconne, Wis./Neenah), a sophomore defender, led an Inferno defense that shut out four teams on the season and earned a 3.49 goals against average, which is second best in the program's history. Additionally she scored two goals and had four assists as she aided the Inferno offensive attack.
Moniriarani (Oak Creek, Wis.) finally earned all-conference accolades after two-consecutive years as an honorable mention selection. The midfielder posted team highs in goals with 12 -- which ranks 11th in the league -- and assists with seven -- which ranks 10th -- for 31 total points her junior season. Additionally, three of her scores were for game-winners and she went 1-for-2 on penalty kicks.
Alverno's all-time assist leader, Moniriarani, has 85 career points (26 goals, 33 assists) and is second all-time in the college's record book.
The Inferno finished the season 6-14 overall (1-11 NAC), which matched last year's win total.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Grand Opening Activities Highlight Importance of Photos
- Cudahy High School "Reality Check" Program Volunteers Neeeded
- St. Clare Street Fair
- Eat at Ruby Tuesday in Greendale April 17-19 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- App Helps Children Accomplish Two Minutes of Brushing
- 20th Assembly District Candidate Mike Pierce Names Campaign Manager
- South Milwaukee seeks 4th District Alderperson Candidates
- "Crossings" Street Theater Coming in May
- Have fun while helping others!
- Ebenezer Child Care Centers to Host Working Parent's Luncheon on how to "Escape Adulthood: Living and working with less stress and more fun"