Alverno College's Brittany Carpenter and Nava Moniriarani were named to the All-Northern Athletics Conference Second Team, as the league office announced the awards for the 2012 women's soccer season today.
The NAC posted a 14-member first team and 14-member second team, voted on by the leagues head coaches.
"I'm really proud of how Nava and Brittany have played all season," Alverno head coach Brittany Nikolic said. "Both have worked extremely hard for their team and are very deserving of this honor."
Carpenter (Winneconne, Wis./Neenah), a sophomore defender, led an Inferno defense that shut out four teams on the season and earned a 3.49 goals against average, which is second best in the program's history. Additionally she scored two goals and had four assists as she aided the Inferno offensive attack.
Moniriarani (Oak Creek, Wis.) finally earned all-conference accolades after two-consecutive years as an honorable mention selection. The midfielder posted team highs in goals with 12 -- which ranks 11th in the league -- and assists with seven -- which ranks 10th -- for 31 total points her junior season. Additionally, three of her scores were for game-winners and she went 1-for-2 on penalty kicks.
Alverno's all-time assist leader, Moniriarani, has 85 career points (26 goals, 33 assists) and is second all-time in the college's record book.
The Inferno finished the season 6-14 overall (1-11 NAC), which matched last year's win total.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- 3rd Annual South Milwaukee Breakfast with the Easter Bunny & Easter Egg Hunt
- Oak Creek Actress Performs in Acacia Theatre's
- Open Enrollment for Franklin Residents
- Print all In new window NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Oak Creek Public Library Family Fun Night Fun With Food
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Alverno College to Host Screening of Vel Phillips Documentary
- Froedtert Health CEO to Speak at World Health Care Congress