Alverno College's Brittany Carpenter and Nava Moniriarani were named to the All-Northern Athletics Conference Second Team, as the league office announced the awards for the 2012 women's soccer season today.
The NAC posted a 14-member first team and 14-member second team, voted on by the leagues head coaches.
"I'm really proud of how Nava and Brittany have played all season," Alverno head coach Brittany Nikolic said. "Both have worked extremely hard for their team and are very deserving of this honor."
Carpenter (Winneconne, Wis./Neenah), a sophomore defender, led an Inferno defense that shut out four teams on the season and earned a 3.49 goals against average, which is second best in the program's history. Additionally she scored two goals and had four assists as she aided the Inferno offensive attack.
Moniriarani (Oak Creek, Wis.) finally earned all-conference accolades after two-consecutive years as an honorable mention selection. The midfielder posted team highs in goals with 12 -- which ranks 11th in the league -- and assists with seven -- which ranks 10th -- for 31 total points her junior season. Additionally, three of her scores were for game-winners and she went 1-for-2 on penalty kicks.
Alverno's all-time assist leader, Moniriarani, has 85 career points (26 goals, 33 assists) and is second all-time in the college's record book.
The Inferno finished the season 6-14 overall (1-11 NAC), which matched last year's win total.
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Opener on June 2nd
- HamBINGO Thursday June 2 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Beer Garden
- Valedictorian: Wisconsin Connections Academy Taught Me More than Academics
- Join us for Croatian Fest 2016
- Martin Luther Softball Advances with Regional Win
- World Wide Knit in Public Day Celebration at Cudahy Family Library
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Art Show at Cudahy Depot
- OAKVIEW BUSINESS PARK LOOKS TO CAPITALIZE ON ROBUST OAK CREEK DEVELOPMENT MARKET