Alverno College's Brittany Carpenter and Nava Moniriarani were named to the All-Northern Athletics Conference Second Team, as the league office announced the awards for the 2012 women's soccer season today.
The NAC posted a 14-member first team and 14-member second team, voted on by the leagues head coaches.
"I'm really proud of how Nava and Brittany have played all season," Alverno head coach Brittany Nikolic said. "Both have worked extremely hard for their team and are very deserving of this honor."
Carpenter (Winneconne, Wis./Neenah), a sophomore defender, led an Inferno defense that shut out four teams on the season and earned a 3.49 goals against average, which is second best in the program's history. Additionally she scored two goals and had four assists as she aided the Inferno offensive attack.
Moniriarani (Oak Creek, Wis.) finally earned all-conference accolades after two-consecutive years as an honorable mention selection. The midfielder posted team highs in goals with 12 -- which ranks 11th in the league -- and assists with seven -- which ranks 10th -- for 31 total points her junior season. Additionally, three of her scores were for game-winners and she went 1-for-2 on penalty kicks.
Alverno's all-time assist leader, Moniriarani, has 85 career points (26 goals, 33 assists) and is second all-time in the college's record book.
The Inferno finished the season 6-14 overall (1-11 NAC), which matched last year's win total.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- "9 and Dine" Firebird Open Golf Event
- All You Can Eat Breakfast Sunday, April 19th
- Free Movie and Game Day at St. Francis Library
- State Budget Information Session, Monday, April 20
- South Shore Youth Rugby Club
- Oak Creek Library Baby Story Time
- Oak Creek Public Library Family Fun Night Marvelous Monarch Butterflies
- American Pickers to visit Cudahy
- Afternoon Tea Delight at Cudahy Family Library
- Working Parents’ Luncheon Aimed at Helping Busy Parents Recharge