The Storm U13 baseball team won its second straight tournament of the season using solid pitching and defense, and a torrid hitting attack.
During the tournament, held at Poerio Park in Kenosha June 1-3, the Storm outscored its opponents 52-16, while erupting for 48 hits.
In pool play, the Storm defeated the Milwaukee Shockers 7-4, and the West Allis Demons 10-1.
The two wins earned the team the #1 seed and a bye going into Sunday.
The Storm faced the Milwaukee Southsiders in the semifinal game. The hotly contested game featured the Storm banging out 15 hits and winning 16-7.
In the Championship Game, the Storm was matched up against the #2 seed Libertyville. The Storm did not stop its onslaught of hitting against the team from Illinois, ripping out 20 hits and winning handily 19-4.
The Oak Creek Storm U13 team includes Zach Logic, Nate Grant, Scott Lisowski, Collin Jordan, Nate Schoemann, Jakup Sinani, Matt Kasar, Dylan Fluegel, Danny Ziolkowski, and Tyler Weber. Subs for the tournament included Kyle Fluegel and Jackson Wagoner. Coaches are Dan Schoemann, Jeff Fluegel, Kujt Sinani and Dave Ziolkowski.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fun, food and fireworks, it's South Shore Frolic time!
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Annual Flag Day at The Berkshire of Greendale
- Graphics Systems Corp. Expands Executive Team with Manufacturing Industry Veteran
- Music for every Palate – South Milwaukee Market announces July music line up
- Encouraging Independence to help Unlock your Child’s Potential
- Scholarships for UW-Parkside Nonprofit Leadership Program
- Celebrate South Milwaukee with a Full Week of Heritage Days Activities
- Healing In The Garden