The Milwaukee VA will host a Nutrition Fair for the public and all veterans, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, March 22.
The event takes place in Recreation Hall, Room 3435, at the VA Medical Center, 5000 W. National Avenue, in Milwaukee. Admission is free.
Registered dietitians from the medical center and other staff will be on hand with easy, cost-effective recipes, tips for getting in shape and eating healthy with the USDA’s “My Healthy Plate” system, which replaces the food pyramid, and a cooking demonstration with free samples.
Organizer Amanda Henderson, clinical nutrition coordinator, said dietitians will be cooking and sampling a turkey plate that is easy to make and nutritious.
For more information on the fair, call Henderson at 414-384-2000, ext. 42720.
- World Wide Knit in Public Day Celebration at Cudahy Family Library
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Art Show at Cudahy Depot
- OAKVIEW BUSINESS PARK LOOKS TO CAPITALIZE ON ROBUST OAK CREEK DEVELOPMENT MARKET
- Huge Bicycle Auction
- BBB Names 2016 Business Ethics Winners
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Greendale Alumni Launches Company
- Relay for Life at Oak Creek High School on Friday, May 20th
- Four-Year-Old Kindergarten Registration