The Milwaukee VA will host a Nutrition Fair for the public and all veterans, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, March 22.
The event takes place in Recreation Hall, Room 3435, at the VA Medical Center, 5000 W. National Avenue, in Milwaukee. Admission is free.
Registered dietitians from the medical center and other staff will be on hand with easy, cost-effective recipes, tips for getting in shape and eating healthy with the USDA’s “My Healthy Plate” system, which replaces the food pyramid, and a cooking demonstration with free samples.
Organizer Amanda Henderson, clinical nutrition coordinator, said dietitians will be cooking and sampling a turkey plate that is easy to make and nutritious.
For more information on the fair, call Henderson at 414-384-2000, ext. 42720.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Offering Healthcare Training Grant Opportunities
- MOSH wins patient satisfaction award
- WindSync "Simple Gifts: A Holiday Sampler"
- YOUNG OAK CREEK RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- Ye Olde Christmas Feaste
- Twenty-Nine Years of Holiday Lights Provide Hope on Candy Cane Lane
- Greendale Christmas Tree Lot to Open November 28th
- Family Friendly, Kid Approved: Chasing Tales Oak Creek’s Very Own Indoor Playground
- Family Fun Night "The Chronicles of Detective Appletree' presented by Kohl's Wild Theater
- Kid Flicks!