The Milwaukee VA will host a Nutrition Fair for the public and all veterans, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, March 22.
The event takes place in Recreation Hall, Room 3435, at the VA Medical Center, 5000 W. National Avenue, in Milwaukee. Admission is free.
Registered dietitians from the medical center and other staff will be on hand with easy, cost-effective recipes, tips for getting in shape and eating healthy with the USDA’s “My Healthy Plate” system, which replaces the food pyramid, and a cooking demonstration with free samples.
Organizer Amanda Henderson, clinical nutrition coordinator, said dietitians will be cooking and sampling a turkey plate that is easy to make and nutritious.
For more information on the fair, call Henderson at 414-384-2000, ext. 42720.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- "Brass at the Border" concert
- “Grillologists,” Lambeau Leap Inventor, and Local Experts on Food to Present at Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show
- House of Love Celebration '15 Is Almost Here!
- Cudahy Board of Education Approves Inquiry into Purchase of South Shore YMCA Building
- End of an Era
- Oak Creek Library Make and Take Craft Program
- An Open Letter to Governor Walker Regarding "Easy" Teacher Licensure
- Aicardi Party Beer and Wine Tasting Event
- New Day Church Moving to Oak Creek
- 8U Zone Baseball Looking To Fill Out Its Roster