The Milwaukee VA will host a Nutrition Fair for the public and all veterans, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, March 22.
The event takes place in Recreation Hall, Room 3435, at the VA Medical Center, 5000 W. National Avenue, in Milwaukee. Admission is free.
Registered dietitians from the medical center and other staff will be on hand with easy, cost-effective recipes, tips for getting in shape and eating healthy with the USDA’s “My Healthy Plate” system, which replaces the food pyramid, and a cooking demonstration with free samples.
Organizer Amanda Henderson, clinical nutrition coordinator, said dietitians will be cooking and sampling a turkey plate that is easy to make and nutritious.
For more information on the fair, call Henderson at 414-384-2000, ext. 42720.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Little House Book Club at St. Francis Library
- Lego Club Launches at St. Francis Library
- Sharpen your swords for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7
- Oak Creek resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Franklin Public Library Children’s Department adds
- The Great Decisions Series is a Great Decision at the Franklin Public Library
- “Battle of the Bays” Getaway winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Alverno College Will Hold its 150th Commencement on December 19 and 20
- Heart the City 5k/10k
- OCPL KID FLICKS!