The Milwaukee VA will host a Nutrition Fair for the public and all veterans, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, March 22.
The event takes place in Recreation Hall, Room 3435, at the VA Medical Center, 5000 W. National Avenue, in Milwaukee. Admission is free.
Registered dietitians from the medical center and other staff will be on hand with easy, cost-effective recipes, tips for getting in shape and eating healthy with the USDA’s “My Healthy Plate” system, which replaces the food pyramid, and a cooking demonstration with free samples.
Organizer Amanda Henderson, clinical nutrition coordinator, said dietitians will be cooking and sampling a turkey plate that is easy to make and nutritious.
For more information on the fair, call Henderson at 414-384-2000, ext. 42720.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rise to Your Potential, Soar to New Heights With Ascension Martial Arts
- How to Choose a Trustworthy Plumber
- Blessing of Bikers and Bikes
- Character Education Recognized in South Milwaukee: South Milwaukee School District Earns State District of Character Award
- New Study Spaces at Franklin Public Library
- Ian Sustar Joins R.A. Smith National as Construction Services Representative
- Franklin Public Library Author Talk with Carrie Reichartz
- Back to School Special
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Packer Party at P&A Nails!