The Milwaukee VA will host a Nutrition Fair for the public and all veterans, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, March 22.
The event takes place in Recreation Hall, Room 3435, at the VA Medical Center, 5000 W. National Avenue, in Milwaukee. Admission is free.
Registered dietitians from the medical center and other staff will be on hand with easy, cost-effective recipes, tips for getting in shape and eating healthy with the USDA’s “My Healthy Plate” system, which replaces the food pyramid, and a cooking demonstration with free samples.
Organizer Amanda Henderson, clinical nutrition coordinator, said dietitians will be cooking and sampling a turkey plate that is easy to make and nutritious.
For more information on the fair, call Henderson at 414-384-2000, ext. 42720.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Pixologie Scanning 100,000 Family Photos - Covered on Yahoo! Finance
- 10-year Anniversary Celebration Saturday September 27
- 3rd Annual Greenfield H.S. Cheerleaders Rummage Sale
- Introduction to Tablets & e-Readers: Hands on Experience with Experts from Best Buy
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement & Remodeling Show
- Support Group for Divorced and Separated
- Ss Peter and Paul Celebrates 100th Anniversary
- Importance of Reading Parent Class
- SM Historical Society "Decorating for the Holidays" Seminar
- Julius Jr. Experience Comes to Greendale at Southridge Mall on Sept. 20