The Milwaukee VA will host a Nutrition Fair for the public and all veterans, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, March 22.
The event takes place in Recreation Hall, Room 3435, at the VA Medical Center, 5000 W. National Avenue, in Milwaukee. Admission is free.
Registered dietitians from the medical center and other staff will be on hand with easy, cost-effective recipes, tips for getting in shape and eating healthy with the USDA’s “My Healthy Plate” system, which replaces the food pyramid, and a cooking demonstration with free samples.
Organizer Amanda Henderson, clinical nutrition coordinator, said dietitians will be cooking and sampling a turkey plate that is easy to make and nutritious.
For more information on the fair, call Henderson at 414-384-2000, ext. 42720.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Christmas Egypyian Cookie Sale
- Annual Cookie Walk at Faith Community Church - Franklin
- AWA Star "Baron Von Raschke"
- Community Toy Drive
- Choosing Educational Gifts for Children
- Tree Lighting Party @St. Francis Public Library
- Brunch and Photo with Santa
- Unwind with Stress-free Holiday Shopping in Shorewood
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Local Girl Scout troop collecting Cans for Kids this Saturday, Dec. 7