Distinguished Young Women of Oak Creek Offers Scholarship Opportunities for High School Juniors
Distinguished Young Women of Oak Creek is recruiting interested participants for this year’s scholarship program. High School junior girls and their parents are invited to attend an informational meeting on Sunday, March 4th at 1:00 pm at the Oak Creek Academy of Performing Arts, 9160 S. Pennsylvania Ave. (between Puetz and Ryan Rd.).
Our mission is to positively impact the lives of young women by providing a transformative experience that promotes and rewards scholarship, leadership and talent. We believe that every young woman has the potential to reach her own goals in life, regardless of her outward appearance or economic status. Participants earn scholarships and medallions to signify our organization’s emphasis on academic achievement and all-around excellence.
Participants must be in their junior year in high school and live in the city of Oak Creek. There is no entry fee. Participants are evaluated in five categories: scholastics, talent, fitness, self-expression, and interview. Each year more than $2 million in cash scholarships are presented nationwide. In addition, nearly 200 universities and colleges offer scholarships to participants on the local, state and national levels in all 50 states. Many of these scholarships are available to all contestants, not just overall winners. Our Distinguished Young Woman of Oak Creek 2012 is Gina Miliacca. She will graduate from Martin Luther High School in June and plans to use her cash scholarship dollars at Indiana State University this fall.
Distinguished Young Women is proud to have helped many women receive an education and achieve success in their chosen careers. As a whole, every young woman learns self confidence and important life skills through participation in the program as they make new friends and develop their own talents and abilities.
Distinguished Young Women, formerly America’s Junior Miss Scholarship Program, is sponsored by the City of Mobile, Mobile County, Eastern Shore Toyota, Encore Rehabilitation, SPANX, Mobile Gas-A Sempra Company, Regions Bank, Alabama Power Foundation, and Master Boat Builders. The 55th National Finals will take place in Mobile, Alabama on June 28, 29 & 30, 2012. The Distinguished Young Woman of Oak Creek 2013 will participate on the state level in Franklin in August.
Find out more online at DistinguishedYW.org or contact Lisa Lesjak, Oak Creek’s program coordinator, at (414) 332-1164 ext. 3024 or email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fun, food and fireworks, it's South Shore Frolic time!
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Annual Flag Day at The Berkshire of Greendale
- Graphics Systems Corp. Expands Executive Team with Manufacturing Industry Veteran
- Music for every Palate – South Milwaukee Market announces July music line up
- Encouraging Independence to help Unlock your Child’s Potential
- Scholarships for UW-Parkside Nonprofit Leadership Program
- Team Hope Walk/Run to Benefit Huntington's Disease
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park