Many a business member received their first business/marketing training by taking high school business/marketing classes- and perhaps, by participating in DECA...An Association of Marketing Students.
DECA is a co-curriculuar student organization for high school marketing students. It's mission is to give students interested in pursuing careers in marketing, management, and entrepreneurship hands-on, real-world experience in the field.
On January 14, 2012 Southeastern Wisconsin DECA (a group of over 30 local high school DECA chapters) will be holding its District Career Development Conference (competition). This event is the spring board for students who want to move on to the State conference (held in Lake Geneva in March) and the International conference (in Salt Lake City this April). Currently, over 772 students are registered to participate.
A minimum of 100 adult judges are required to make this conference a success- because each student is required to compete in two case-study events where they must solve a problem and present it to a judge.
Judges volunteer their time at Kettle Moraine High School on January 14th from 8:00 am until 12:30 pm. A thank you luncheon (optional) is provided. Judges need no experience and their is a 21-years or older age requirement.
If you are interested in judging, please contact judges coordinator, Christine Richards at email@example.com for a one-page Judges Registration form.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Day Church Moving to Oak Creek
- 8U Zone Baseball Looking To Fill Out Its Roster
- Sharpen your sleuthing skills for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Free Help with Tax Returns Offered at MATC's Oak Creek and Downtown Milwaukee Campuses
- Valentines Event to Benefit Firefighter Non-Profit Group
- New Spring Programming for Children at Franklin Public Library
- Future Cudahy Farmer's Market Valentine Family Fun Night-Fundraiser
- Theran Stautz Joins R.A. Smith National as Ecologist, Project Manager
- “Exploring Entrepreneurship” presented by the Wisconsin Women’s Business Initiative Corporation (WWBIC)