Many a business member received their first business/marketing training by taking high school business/marketing classes- and perhaps, by participating in DECA...An Association of Marketing Students.
DECA is a co-curriculuar student organization for high school marketing students. It's mission is to give students interested in pursuing careers in marketing, management, and entrepreneurship hands-on, real-world experience in the field.
On January 14, 2012 Southeastern Wisconsin DECA (a group of over 30 local high school DECA chapters) will be holding its District Career Development Conference (competition). This event is the spring board for students who want to move on to the State conference (held in Lake Geneva in March) and the International conference (in Salt Lake City this April). Currently, over 772 students are registered to participate.
A minimum of 100 adult judges are required to make this conference a success- because each student is required to compete in two case-study events where they must solve a problem and present it to a judge.
Judges volunteer their time at Kettle Moraine High School on January 14th from 8:00 am until 12:30 pm. A thank you luncheon (optional) is provided. Judges need no experience and their is a 21-years or older age requirement.
If you are interested in judging, please contact judges coordinator, Christine Richards at email@example.com for a one-page Judges Registration form.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Encouraging Independence to help Unlock your Child’s Potential
- Scholarships for UW-Parkside Nonprofit Leadership Program
- Team Hope Walk/Run to Benefit Huntington's Disease
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- Memoir about Oak Creek
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Thankful for a tobacco-free Dad
- Enjoy Shop St. Francis Week, June 29th to July 5th
- Act, Love, Walk: Prayer Walk to End Human Trafficking
- Summer Fun at the St. Francis Library