The Oak Creek Junior Knights Golf Clinic, held from August 8th through the 12th, ended with an exciting tournament on Friday! Each of the three sessions were concluded with a scramble format golf tournament, at Oak Hills.
In the first flight Parker Rezner, Jacob Wagner, Jordan Weiss, and his sister Kayla Weiss earned victory, after a two team tie was broken through a whole team putt off. The narrow margin, after the putt off, was still only one stroke.
In the second flight Logan Cota, Bradley Greish, Patrick Hourigan, and Jack Mercado shot an outstanding three over par to cruise to victory. The young guns (Cota, Greish, and Mercado are going into 5th grade) and soon to be 8th grader Hourigan were impressive as they were even par until a tough double bogie on the 6th hole.
In the third flight Daniel Brever, Jason Moczynski, and Roman Waszak held off a well schooled cast of challengers. Their consistent play helped lead them to victory.
Coach Craig Thome and Coach Joe Cota were impressed by all of the kids that participated in the 1st Annual Junior Knights Golf Clinic.
Golf is a lifelong sport, and as long as one understands the fundamentals, one can continue to improve. Consistent with other sports, the game of golf provides the types of fun experiences, discipline, and competition that will undoubtedly contribute to the development of positive character traits.
Ultimately, these key attributes will be even more important than the victories last Friday!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Stamp Show celebrates club's 125th year
- "The Ultimate Sacrifice and History" presented by Tom Mueller (Oak Creek Resident)
- Youth Basketball events hosted by WI Shooters
- Economic Developments on the Horizon in Oak Creek and Franklin
- Local Job Fair Held to Hire Seasonal Associates for BuySeasons, Inc.
- Day Trip to Chicago - Treat Yourself!
- Apple Holler's Farmers Market & Country Fair is Aug. 24
- 50TH SAINT FRANCIS DAYS
- Cudahy Lions Brat Fry
- Health Fair Returns to South Milw Downtown Market - Sept 4th