The Oak Creek Junior Knights Golf Clinic, held from August 8th through the 12th, ended with an exciting tournament on Friday! Each of the three sessions were concluded with a scramble format golf tournament, at Oak Hills.
In the first flight Parker Rezner, Jacob Wagner, Jordan Weiss, and his sister Kayla Weiss earned victory, after a two team tie was broken through a whole team putt off. The narrow margin, after the putt off, was still only one stroke.
In the second flight Logan Cota, Bradley Greish, Patrick Hourigan, and Jack Mercado shot an outstanding three over par to cruise to victory. The young guns (Cota, Greish, and Mercado are going into 5th grade) and soon to be 8th grader Hourigan were impressive as they were even par until a tough double bogie on the 6th hole.
In the third flight Daniel Brever, Jason Moczynski, and Roman Waszak held off a well schooled cast of challengers. Their consistent play helped lead them to victory.
Coach Craig Thome and Coach Joe Cota were impressed by all of the kids that participated in the 1st Annual Junior Knights Golf Clinic.
Golf is a lifelong sport, and as long as one understands the fundamentals, one can continue to improve. Consistent with other sports, the game of golf provides the types of fun experiences, discipline, and competition that will undoubtedly contribute to the development of positive character traits.
Ultimately, these key attributes will be even more important than the victories last Friday!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Beth Moore Comes to Milwaukee!
- Bunny Plans Special Stop at Pulaski Pavilion
- Parkside Theatre Presents "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- Divorce Care Support Group to Begin
- Zymbiotics Fine Natrually Fermented Foods now Available at Malicki's Piggly Wiggly on Rawson and at the Outpost Co-op
- 2nd Saturday Wisconsin
- Franklin Artist Wins "Best of Show" at 2015 League of Milwaukee Artists' Spring Show
- Popular Spring Market returns to South Milwaukee High School – March 7th
- Youth Mission Trip Fundraiser Dinner at Faith Community Church – February 28, 2015
- Kathi Miller Presents "De-Clutter Today for a Carefree Tomorrow"