The Oak Creek Junior Knights Golf Clinic, held from August 8th through the 12th, ended with an exciting tournament on Friday! Each of the three sessions were concluded with a scramble format golf tournament, at Oak Hills.
In the first flight Parker Rezner, Jacob Wagner, Jordan Weiss, and his sister Kayla Weiss earned victory, after a two team tie was broken through a whole team putt off. The narrow margin, after the putt off, was still only one stroke.
In the second flight Logan Cota, Bradley Greish, Patrick Hourigan, and Jack Mercado shot an outstanding three over par to cruise to victory. The young guns (Cota, Greish, and Mercado are going into 5th grade) and soon to be 8th grader Hourigan were impressive as they were even par until a tough double bogie on the 6th hole.
In the third flight Daniel Brever, Jason Moczynski, and Roman Waszak held off a well schooled cast of challengers. Their consistent play helped lead them to victory.
Coach Craig Thome and Coach Joe Cota were impressed by all of the kids that participated in the 1st Annual Junior Knights Golf Clinic.
Golf is a lifelong sport, and as long as one understands the fundamentals, one can continue to improve. Consistent with other sports, the game of golf provides the types of fun experiences, discipline, and competition that will undoubtedly contribute to the development of positive character traits.
Ultimately, these key attributes will be even more important than the victories last Friday!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HamBINGO Thursday June 4 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- What's Your Score? - presented by Educators Credit Union
- Cudahy Farmers Market Grand Opening June 3!
- SM Author Jerrianne Hayslett’s Short Story Wins First-Place Prize
- A Twist on Writers’ Night at the Franklin Public Library
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- St. Mark's Project Concern Benefit Musical Extravaganza
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Oak Creek Resident Finishing Term of Service with Milwaukee Nonprofit