The U13 Oak Creek Storm continued an already strong season by winning its third baseball tournament this season with a Championship at the inaugural Oak Creek Junior Knight Tournament in Oak Creek, WI. Previous tournament victories included a championship in the May Day Classic in Rockford, IL and a championship in the Blackhawk Classic in Fort Atkinson, WI. The May Day Classic Tournament qualified the team for the USSSA Baseball World Series.
The team started out Saturday with pool play games against the Oak Creek Lightning and the Franklin Sabers and going 1-1. Defeating a strong Oak Creek Lightning Team and losing to the Franklin Sabers.
The second day of the tournament started out fast as the Storm defeated the host team Oak Creek Junior Knights behind key hitting, strong pitching and excellent run support.
The second victory came against a strong Cedarburg team. After going down 1-0 early, the Storm fought back behind strong pitching closing out with a victory by a score of 5-1.
In the Championship game, the Storm faced the same Franklin team that had beaten them in pool play. However, this time the results were different. Again, with strong pitching, excellent defense and timely hitting, the Storm completed the tournament with a 5-1 victory over the Franklin Sabers.
Overall the U13 Storm team is 19-3 this year with Three Championships, an excellent start to the season.
This year’s U13 Storm is lead by Head Coach Ron Traxel and assistant coaches Steve Bautch, Grant Goldensoph and Jeff Teschendorf. The players on the U13 Storm are Brad Bautch, Josh Duchniak, DJ Ellifson, Gannon Goldensoph, Alec Kent, Mitchell Magyar, Matt McCarty, Joe Richter, Zach Teschendorf, RJ Traxel and Eric Wendt.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Moviegoers at South Shore, Menomonee Falls Cinemas give DreamLounger recliner seating high marks
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- 3rd Annual South Milwaukee Breakfast with the Easter Bunny & Easter Egg Hunt
- Oak Creek Actress Performs in Acacia Theatre's
- Open Enrollment for Franklin Residents
- Print all In new window NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Oak Creek Public Library Family Fun Night Fun With Food
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Alverno College to Host Screening of Vel Phillips Documentary