Congratulations to the U12 Oak Creek Storm baseball team for winning the Memorial Day “Slugfest in the Swamp” tournament in Pleasant Prairie.
The team started playing early Saturday and came out of pool play with the number 3 seed in the championship bracket. They tried to get the games in Sunday, but were thwarted by thunderstorms and rain with the games being rescheduled for Monday. The team came out strong, run ruling the Racine Ericksons 13-3 in five innings to win the semifinal game. The game featured a barrage of hitting, solid pitching, and good defense. The team then went into the final against a solid and well coached New Berlin Magic team. The bats continued to stay hot and coupled with solid pitching won 10-9 to claim the championship trophy. Way to go boys!
The team includes players Vinny Ellarson, Jaelin Ferdinand, Dylan Fluegel, Matt Kasar, Zach Logic, Trevor Mumm, Nate Shoeman, Bryce Schultz, Jakup Sinani, Tyler Weber, and Danny Ziolkowski. It's coached by Cheryl Patane, Kujt Sinani, Doug Kasar, and Dan Mumm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nathan Vaughn, Licensed Professional Land Surveyor, is Appointed to the Wisconsin Land Information Council
- MATC to Hold Open House at Oak Creek Campus Oct. 17
- Code & Go: fun, interactive coding event for girls in grades K5-8
- UW-Parkside's October Science Night!
- GO Riteway Kicks Off School Bus Safety Week - October 19th
- St. Thomas More High School Prepares for Recycling Drive
- Rocktoberfest Beer Tasting
- 2015 Franklin Lioness Craft Fair Set for Oct. 24; Proceeds Support Scholarships for MATC Students
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- MIAW Pro Wrestling Returns to Papa Luigi's