Congratulations to the U12 Oak Creek Storm baseball team for winning the Memorial Day “Slugfest in the Swamp” tournament in Pleasant Prairie.
The team started playing early Saturday and came out of pool play with the number 3 seed in the championship bracket. They tried to get the games in Sunday, but were thwarted by thunderstorms and rain with the games being rescheduled for Monday. The team came out strong, run ruling the Racine Ericksons 13-3 in five innings to win the semifinal game. The game featured a barrage of hitting, solid pitching, and good defense. The team then went into the final against a solid and well coached New Berlin Magic team. The bats continued to stay hot and coupled with solid pitching won 10-9 to claim the championship trophy. Way to go boys!
The team includes players Vinny Ellarson, Jaelin Ferdinand, Dylan Fluegel, Matt Kasar, Zach Logic, Trevor Mumm, Nate Shoeman, Bryce Schultz, Jakup Sinani, Tyler Weber, and Danny Ziolkowski. It's coached by Cheryl Patane, Kujt Sinani, Doug Kasar, and Dan Mumm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Appliance Gallery Suggests Holiday Appliance Ideas
- Hiller Ford-Toys for Tots Drop Off Location
- Park for FREE at Mitchell Airport while getting unique gifts for everyone on your list
- Small Business Saturday Is Big at St. Ann Center
- “Shop Savvy” on Cyber Monday - and Every Day
- Missing Cat
- 30th Annual Candy Cane Lane Opens
- Franklin 8th Grader makes team USA U15
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Comes Alive
- East Middle School Student Journalism