Heller, Jankowski claim Woodland Conference track titles
Panthers sixth in outdoor meet
Meredith Heller of Whitnall and Abby Jankowski of Greendale both snared individual championships in the Woodland Conference girls outdoor track and field meet on Monday.
Heller won the 300-meter hurdles in 47.46 seconds and Jankowski prevailed in the discus with a toss of 108 feet 7 inches to lead their respective teams.
Greendale tallied 41 points for sixth place and Whitnall 39 points for eighth in the 12-team event at Brown Deer.
Alyssa Docter added a second place for Greendale in the pole vault with 10 feet even.
Heller also took third place in the 100-meter hurdles at 17.61 and fourth in the long jump with 16-0.
Jankowski added fourth in the shot put with 33-8 and Greendale teammate Chelsey Heiden was fourth in the 3,200 run at 12 minutes, 12.24 seconds.
The Falcons captured three fifth places: Robyn Roberts in the 300 hurdles (51.39), the 3,200 relay squad of Jenny Bahling, Kim Hurst, Alyssa Woo and Reilly Johnson (10:47.53) and the 1,600 unit of Sarah Czerwinski, Leah Windt, Heller and Roberts (4:23.54).
Greendale's 800 unit of Eden Bauer, Abbie Scheidt, Paige Dellfish and Lea Lassaued also claimed fifth (1:56.84).
For Whitnall, Jasmine Bickerstaff posted a pair of sixth places, in the 100 hurdles (18.43) and the 300 hurdles (52.1).
Docter of Greendale shared sixth in the high jump (4-6).
Whitnall also finished fourth in Friday's West Allis Hale Invitational with 59 1/2 points.
Bickerstaff won the 100 hurdles (16.93) and Heller took second (17.55), while Bahling finished second in the 1,110-meter steeplechase (4:32.66).
The Falcons also took fifth with 49 points in the Richmond-Erickson Invitational at Hart Park on May 7.
Heller was first in the 300 hurdles (48.29) and second in the long jump (16-5 3/4), and the 1,600 unit of Roberts, Johnson, Czerwinski and Heller took second (4:21.01).
Greendale finished 10th with 704 points in the Cedarburg True Team Invitational on Friday, in which every entrant scores points.
Taking second were Heiden in the 800 run (2:28.44) and Jankowski in the discus (104-8 1/2).
Docter came in fourth in the pole vault (9-0) and Jankowski fourth in the shot put (33-1).
- Oak Creek boys track team stays on task, win sixth SEC outdoor title
- Softball: Big bats land Oak Creek softball team SEC title
- Oak Creek stuns Whitnall, 12-2, in battle of softball powers
- Steven L. Tietz: Oak Creek's Marwin Evans signs with Green Bay Packers
- Hard-hitting Oak Creek softball team charges into SEC lead
- Ahead of schedule, Oak Creek girls track team wins SEC relays
- Oak Creek boys track team puts in strong effort to win SEC track relays
- Oak Creek girls track team wins Lancer, ready for SEC
- Oak Creek softball team's road trip successful
- Oak Creek girls track wins third straight outdoor invite