The outdoor season got off to a positive start for the Oak Creek and Franklin when the Knights took second and Franklin fifth in the Mukwonago "M" Club Relays on April 16.
The Knights scored 105 points for their spot in the seven-team meet as the host Indians won with 118. The Sabers earned their spot with 52.
Oak Creek picked up firsts from its 4x100-meter relay team (45.89 seconds), the 4x400 relay (3:31.88); the triple jump trio of Macen Leonardi, Matt Hamilton and Nathan Harvey and the discus crew of Robert Campos, Peter Mitchell and Cullen Quinn.
Leonardi had the best triple jump for the Knights with a leap of 39 feet-five inches and Quinn had the best discus throw for Oak Creek with a throw of 130-11.
In addition, the hurdle trio of Donovan Brown, Brian Weinzirl and Dominique Smith was victorious in both the 3x110 high hurdle and the 3x300 intermediate hurdle events.
Brown had the second best overall 110 high hurdle race at 16.19 while Weinzirl came in with a 16.41 clocking good for fourth. Weinzirl had the best 300 intermediate race for the Knights at 43.13.
Campos had the best overall shot put of 47-7 to lead the team that included Mitchell and Quinn to a second place finish in that event.
For Franklin, the best finishes were seconds from the 800 sprint medley relay team (1:46.07) and from the high jump trio of Tri Pham, Brady Snelson and Cale Pliska. Pham tied for the best high jump at 5-10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek track teams each take second in Racine Case Invite
- Settingsgaard sets tone for rebuilt Oak Creek hoops squad
- Oak Creek boys basketball team's season ends in regional thriller
- Girls basketball: Defending champ Oak Creek comes up short vs. DSHA
- Girls basketball: Oak Creek girls basketball team edges Franklin in sectional semifinal
- Principled Hakes earns second in state wrestling for Oak Creek
- Short-handed Oak Creek girls basketball team to take on Franklin in sectional
- Oak Creek's Hakes back in state wrestling semis for second time
- Oak Creek wrestlers shatter record with seven state qualifiers
- Oak Creek wrestlers make amends, dominate regional