An alleged drunken driver is facing charges after a passenger in his car was seriously injured during a one-vehicle accident on Rawson Avenue on Saturday.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The 24-year-old South Milwaukee man was traveling west through the intersection of Rawson and Pennsylvania avenues when he drove onto a median and struck a traffic signal and light pole.
The impact caused the front passenger in his vehicle, a 27-year-old South Milwaukee woman, to be ejected through the car window. She was on the ground outside the vehicle when emergency personnel arrived on the scene.
When police asked the driver what happened, he stated the sun was in his eyes and he got scared and turned the steering wheel of the car, causing the accident.
The man was taken to St. Luke's Hospital to be evaluated for a possible concussion.
He was arrested on a state charge of injury by intoxicated use of a vehicle and cited for failure to keep his car under control. The injured woman was cited for a seatbelt violation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek residents to see rate decrease in city portion of tax bill
- Wisconsin DOT: South 27th Street is open for business during holiday season (1)
- Meijer to provide food for Oak Creek's annual 'Evening of Blessings'
- Oak Creek 8th graders 'view the world' as journalists in writing unit, 4 essays to be posted online (1)
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 19, 2015
- Oak Creek planners can live with modified apartment proposal
- Oak Creek Culver's to host annual Kids2Kids Toy Drive
- Resident invited to special Packers event after solving Associated Bank's 'turf search' in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 12, 2015 issue