An alleged drunken driver is facing charges after a passenger in his car was seriously injured during a one-vehicle accident on Rawson Avenue on Saturday.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The 24-year-old South Milwaukee man was traveling west through the intersection of Rawson and Pennsylvania avenues when he drove onto a median and struck a traffic signal and light pole.
The impact caused the front passenger in his vehicle, a 27-year-old South Milwaukee woman, to be ejected through the car window. She was on the ground outside the vehicle when emergency personnel arrived on the scene.
When police asked the driver what happened, he stated the sun was in his eyes and he got scared and turned the steering wheel of the car, causing the accident.
The man was taken to St. Luke's Hospital to be evaluated for a possible concussion.
He was arrested on a state charge of injury by intoxicated use of a vehicle and cited for failure to keep his car under control. The injured woman was cited for a seatbelt violation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Seuss' birthday celebrated at Oak Creek library for Family Fun Night
- Got stuff? The Clutter Coach is coming to Oak Creek to help
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 26, 2015, issue
- City divided on addition of Chick-fil-A at Drexel Town Square in Oak Creek
- OCFSD considers more than $1 million in proposed capital improvements
- Milwaukee County Transit expands bus service to Oak Creek
- Sikh Temple shooting examined in one-hour documentary Monday
- Voters in Oak Creek-Franklin and Greendale decide candidates for April 7 election
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 19, 2015, issue
- Four OCFSD school board candidates advance to April's general election