An alleged drunken driver is facing charges after a passenger in his car was seriously injured during a one-vehicle accident on Rawson Avenue on Saturday.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The 24-year-old South Milwaukee man was traveling west through the intersection of Rawson and Pennsylvania avenues when he drove onto a median and struck a traffic signal and light pole.
The impact caused the front passenger in his vehicle, a 27-year-old South Milwaukee woman, to be ejected through the car window. She was on the ground outside the vehicle when emergency personnel arrived on the scene.
When police asked the driver what happened, he stated the sun was in his eyes and he got scared and turned the steering wheel of the car, causing the accident.
The man was taken to St. Luke's Hospital to be evaluated for a possible concussion.
He was arrested on a state charge of injury by intoxicated use of a vehicle and cited for failure to keep his car under control. The injured woman was cited for a seatbelt violation.
- View some Art in the Park in Oak Creek May 28
- Oak Creek police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- IKEA tries to get into TIF at Oak Creek site (1)
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Oak Creek police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Why did IKEA choose Oak Creek? Location
- Oak Creek to honor veterans May 30
- Oak Creek police report: May 12, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek flies military-spangled banners to honor 'heroes'
- Meijer and Family Life Center partner in Simply Give food pantry donation program