An alleged drunken driver is facing charges after a passenger in his car was seriously injured during a one-vehicle accident on Rawson Avenue on Saturday.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The 24-year-old South Milwaukee man was traveling west through the intersection of Rawson and Pennsylvania avenues when he drove onto a median and struck a traffic signal and light pole.
The impact caused the front passenger in his vehicle, a 27-year-old South Milwaukee woman, to be ejected through the car window. She was on the ground outside the vehicle when emergency personnel arrived on the scene.
When police asked the driver what happened, he stated the sun was in his eyes and he got scared and turned the steering wheel of the car, causing the accident.
The man was taken to St. Luke's Hospital to be evaluated for a possible concussion.
He was arrested on a state charge of injury by intoxicated use of a vehicle and cited for failure to keep his car under control. The injured woman was cited for a seatbelt violation.
- Furniture retailer IKEA reportedly eyeing site in Oak Creek
- Annual Oak Creek bike rodeo mixes fun and safety
- Oak Creek police report: May 5, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek student facing charges after stealing car, eluding police
- Oak Creek police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District's director of business reflects on career, looks forward in Q&A
- Meijer customers given opportunity to co-star in television commercial
- Oak Creek receives 'Vision Award' for Drexel Town Square development
- Oak Creek police report: April 14, 2016 issue