An alleged drunken driver is facing charges after a passenger in his car was seriously injured during a one-vehicle accident on Rawson Avenue on Saturday.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The 24-year-old South Milwaukee man was traveling west through the intersection of Rawson and Pennsylvania avenues when he drove onto a median and struck a traffic signal and light pole.
The impact caused the front passenger in his vehicle, a 27-year-old South Milwaukee woman, to be ejected through the car window. She was on the ground outside the vehicle when emergency personnel arrived on the scene.
When police asked the driver what happened, he stated the sun was in his eyes and he got scared and turned the steering wheel of the car, causing the accident.
The man was taken to St. Luke's Hospital to be evaluated for a possible concussion.
He was arrested on a state charge of injury by intoxicated use of a vehicle and cited for failure to keep his car under control. The injured woman was cited for a seatbelt violation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hotel calls police about woman being beaten, but it was a couple role-playing during sex
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Ready to move into a luxury apartment in Drexel Town Square?
- Oak Creek Police Report: Sept. 25, 2014
- Oak Creek volunteers restore Milwaukee home, and more, with their efforts
- Oak Creek Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Suzy's Cream Cheesecakes expands operations to Oak Creek
- Oak Creek Knights stadium available Saturdays for open track
- Greendale trustees to hold special meeting for Hose Tower discussion
- Resident injured after falling down stairs with oil poured on them