An alleged drunken driver is facing charges after a passenger in his car was seriously injured during a one-vehicle accident on Rawson Avenue on Saturday.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The 24-year-old South Milwaukee man was traveling west through the intersection of Rawson and Pennsylvania avenues when he drove onto a median and struck a traffic signal and light pole.
The impact caused the front passenger in his vehicle, a 27-year-old South Milwaukee woman, to be ejected through the car window. She was on the ground outside the vehicle when emergency personnel arrived on the scene.
When police asked the driver what happened, he stated the sun was in his eyes and he got scared and turned the steering wheel of the car, causing the accident.
The man was taken to St. Luke's Hospital to be evaluated for a possible concussion.
He was arrested on a state charge of injury by intoxicated use of a vehicle and cited for failure to keep his car under control. The injured woman was cited for a seatbelt violation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Trail continues toward Abendschein Park's full development in Oak Creek
- Man arrested for fraud after ordering food, passing out and leaving eatery
- Teen drug use, prevention panel discussion Thursday, Oct. 30
- Early voting now open at Oak Creek City Hall
- County Supervisor Steve Taylor to host Oak Creek town hall meeting on Wednesday
- County Supervisor Steve Taylor to host Hales Corners town hall meeting on Wednesday
- Local schools are bursting at the seams
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Lake Vista redevelopment reaches 'point of action' in Oak Creek