An alleged drunken driver is facing charges after a passenger in his car was seriously injured during a one-vehicle accident on Rawson Avenue on Saturday.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The 24-year-old South Milwaukee man was traveling west through the intersection of Rawson and Pennsylvania avenues when he drove onto a median and struck a traffic signal and light pole.
The impact caused the front passenger in his vehicle, a 27-year-old South Milwaukee woman, to be ejected through the car window. She was on the ground outside the vehicle when emergency personnel arrived on the scene.
When police asked the driver what happened, he stated the sun was in his eyes and he got scared and turned the steering wheel of the car, causing the accident.
The man was taken to St. Luke's Hospital to be evaluated for a possible concussion.
He was arrested on a state charge of injury by intoxicated use of a vehicle and cited for failure to keep his car under control. The injured woman was cited for a seatbelt violation.
- Oak Creek increases dog ownership limit from two to three
- Oak Creek police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek's Summer Concert Series begins June 29
- Splash pad gets off to a slippery start at Drexel Town Square (1)
- Nominations being accepted for the 2016 Oak Creek Landscaping Awards
- Oak Creek combating Emerald Ash Borer with chemicals
- Oak Creek police report: June 16, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek's Miliacca eyes state pageant title
- Oak Creek passes agreement for senior community in Drexel Town Square
- Oak Creek makes a splash opening its splash pad in Drexel Town Square