The Oak Creek Health Department reported that a woman had to get rabies shots because she was bitten by a stray/feral cat May 17.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The woman was feeding other feral cats when a brown and white male Siamese cat bit her on her left ankle while she was in the 8800 block of South 15th Avenue about 7:30 a.m. May 17.
The woman called the humane society, who advised her they would not respond, but told her to put out a cage and capture the cat.
The cat is still at large.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek approves city budget with small tax levy increase
- Owls are a hoot at Deerfield Elementary
- Santa is ready to come to Oak Creek with a holiday workshop, bake contest and games
- Drugs, and concern about them, are on the rise in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek, Franklin residents vote "yes" to only one OCFSD referendum question
- Oak Creek votes in Schimel for attorney general
- Re-elected Gov. Walker won Oak Creek's vote
- Wauwatosa Common Council denies Woman's Club request for parking lot expansion