The Oak Creek Health Department reported that a woman had to get rabies shots because she was bitten by a stray/feral cat May 17.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The woman was feeding other feral cats when a brown and white male Siamese cat bit her on her left ankle while she was in the 8800 block of South 15th Avenue about 7:30 a.m. May 17.
The woman called the humane society, who advised her they would not respond, but told her to put out a cage and capture the cat.
The cat is still at large.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chick-fil-A seeks Oak Creek's Drexel Town Square for new restaurant
- Assisted living facility eyes Oak Creek neighborhood for new location
- Oak Creek police officers negotiate 2 percent wage increase
- Oak Creek funds non-union city employee wage increases for first time since 2011
- Azura Memory Care seeks to build 13th Wisconsin location in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Open gym available Saturday nights at Oak Creek West Middle School
- Correction: Oak Creek has three alderman positions up for re-election
- Drexel Town Square in Oak Creek gets healthy addition: Froedtert facility
- Oak Creek pays its 60th year 'forward' with monthly acts of service