A woman was arrested on a state charge of drunken driving after nodding off in the Taco Bell drive-thru and having two kids in the car with her at 11:50 p.m. March 15.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
A woman drove into the drive-thru at Taco Bell, 8261 S. Howell Ave., and placed an order. An employee reported to police that the woman had slurred speech when she placed her order, and then started nodding off while waiting for her food at the drive-thru window at 11:50 p.m. March 15.
The responding officer found the woman to be intoxicated, and she was arrested on a state charge due to having two children, ages 4 and 7, as passengers inside the vehicle.
After she refused chemical breath testing, the officer obtained a search warrant for a blood draw and she was taken to Wheaton Franciscan. The two children were taken safely to their home by Oak Creek police.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek and Franklin primary: What's on the ballot
- Oak Creek Chick-fil-A announces March grand opening, 'First 100' promotion
- Former MLB player John Mallee to coach at Prospect Training Academy (1)
- Black Bear Bottling named 2015 Business of the Year by South Suburban Chamber of Commerce (1)
- Oak Creek denies police chief's request for 7.5 % raise
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Tickets now on sale for annual 'Taste of Oak Creek-Franklin' fundraiser
- Oak Creek's former city hall, library now demolished
- Oak Creek participates in national Water and Health Study