A woman was arrested on a state charge of drunken driving after nodding off in the Taco Bell drive-thru and having two kids in the car with her at 11:50 p.m. March 15.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
A woman drove into the drive-thru at Taco Bell, 8261 S. Howell Ave., and placed an order. An employee reported to police that the woman had slurred speech when she placed her order, and then started nodding off while waiting for her food at the drive-thru window at 11:50 p.m. March 15.
The responding officer found the woman to be intoxicated, and she was arrested on a state charge due to having two children, ages 4 and 7, as passengers inside the vehicle.
After she refused chemical breath testing, the officer obtained a search warrant for a blood draw and she was taken to Wheaton Franciscan. The two children were taken safely to their home by Oak Creek police.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man hits workers with gravel because construction made it difficult to get into his driveway
- Helicopter helps place HVAC units on Meijer at Drexel Town Square
- Elderly resident with asthma trapped in elevator at Country View Retirement Home
- Oak Creek Police Report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Oak Creek Knights marching band captures its first state title
- Oak Creek High School production company plays to strengths of The Little Theater
- Amendments may curtail proposed closing of Hales Corners wading pool and elimination of UW-Extension
- In a new proposed OCFSD course, students would build a house
- Oak Creek Water Street Brewery takes one step closer
- Oak Creek woman charged as part of prescription fraud ring