A woman was arrested on a state charge of drunken driving after nodding off in the Taco Bell drive-thru and having two kids in the car with her at 11:50 p.m. March 15.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
A woman drove into the drive-thru at Taco Bell, 8261 S. Howell Ave., and placed an order. An employee reported to police that the woman had slurred speech when she placed her order, and then started nodding off while waiting for her food at the drive-thru window at 11:50 p.m. March 15.
The responding officer found the woman to be intoxicated, and she was arrested on a state charge due to having two children, ages 4 and 7, as passengers inside the vehicle.
After she refused chemical breath testing, the officer obtained a search warrant for a blood draw and she was taken to Wheaton Franciscan. The two children were taken safely to their home by Oak Creek police.
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Oak Creek police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Why did IKEA choose Oak Creek? Location
- Oak Creek to honor veterans May 30
- Oak Creek police report: May 12, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek flies military-spangled banners to honor 'heroes'
- Meijer and Family Life Center partner in Simply Give food pantry donation program
- Video: 'Why not Oak Creek?' IKEA plans to open furniture store in summer 2018
- Furniture retailer IKEA reportedly eyeing site in Oak Creek (1)
- Annual Oak Creek bike rodeo mixes fun and safety