A woman was arrested on a state charge of drunken driving after nodding off in the Taco Bell drive-thru and having two kids in the car with her at 11:50 p.m. March 15.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
A woman drove into the drive-thru at Taco Bell, 8261 S. Howell Ave., and placed an order. An employee reported to police that the woman had slurred speech when she placed her order, and then started nodding off while waiting for her food at the drive-thru window at 11:50 p.m. March 15.
The responding officer found the woman to be intoxicated, and she was arrested on a state charge due to having two children, ages 4 and 7, as passengers inside the vehicle.
After she refused chemical breath testing, the officer obtained a search warrant for a blood draw and she was taken to Wheaton Franciscan. The two children were taken safely to their home by Oak Creek police.
- Oak Creek police report: June 30, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek strategizes for an updated plan
- Oak Creek holding selfie search contest in July
- Oak Creek increases dog ownership limit from two to three
- Oak Creek police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek's Summer Concert Series begins June 29
- Splash pad gets off to a slippery start at Drexel Town Square (1)
- Nominations being accepted for the 2016 Oak Creek Landscaping Awards
- Oak Creek combating Emerald Ash Borer with chemicals
- Oak Creek police report: June 16, 2016 issue