A woman was arrested on a state charge of drunken driving after nodding off in the Taco Bell drive-thru and having two kids in the car with her at 11:50 p.m. March 15.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
A woman drove into the drive-thru at Taco Bell, 8261 S. Howell Ave., and placed an order. An employee reported to police that the woman had slurred speech when she placed her order, and then started nodding off while waiting for her food at the drive-thru window at 11:50 p.m. March 15.
The responding officer found the woman to be intoxicated, and she was arrested on a state charge due to having two children, ages 4 and 7, as passengers inside the vehicle.
After she refused chemical breath testing, the officer obtained a search warrant for a blood draw and she was taken to Wheaton Franciscan. The two children were taken safely to their home by Oak Creek police.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- County Supervisor Steve Taylor to host Oak Creek town hall meeting on Wednesday
- County Supervisor Steve Taylor to host Hales Corners town hall meeting on Wednesday
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Lake Vista redevelopment reaches 'point of action' in Oak Creek
- 2 arrested after having sex in car in grocery store parking lot
- Star Wars-themed events held through Saturday at Oak Creek Public Library
- Oak Creek Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014 issue
- Wrecked car cautions high schoolers against impaired, distracted driving
- Oak Creek Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek teams with Packer Radio Network for merchandise giveaway