Oak Creek — Wisconsin Education Association Council attorneys have filed a prohibited practice charge with the Wisconsin Employment Relations Commission against the Oak Creek-Franklin Joint School District.
A written statement by WEAC attorneys enumerates three complaints against the district, which it says show the district did not negotiate with its teachers in good faith.
The first is that new money paid to teachers for 2012-13 was not in the contract and could be taken away at any time.
Secondly, during mediation, the district was unwilling to engage in real discussion or to change their position.
And third, the district only made two proposals, the second worse for teachers than the first.
WEAC attorneys are asking the state to require the district acknowledge that the behavior in the bargaining process was unlawful, to stop the behavior in the future and to return to the bargaining table.
Neither WEAC officials nor Oak Creek-Franklin School District Superintendent Sara Burmeister were immediately available for comment.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BMX, skateboarding competition canceled Saturday in Oak Creek
- Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- 'Land fill' paves way for new lakefront road in Oak Creek
- Zone Baseball makes The Rock its home plate
- Old market lives on in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek Police Report: July 17, 2014 issue
- Man arrested for masturbating in shopping center lot in Oak Creek
- Eatery falters amid road construction in Oak Creek
- Domestic bird found stray in Oak Creek
- Pixologie photo organizers memorialize life stories