Oak Creek — Wisconsin Education Association Council attorneys have filed a prohibited practice charge with the Wisconsin Employment Relations Commission against the Oak Creek-Franklin Joint School District.
A written statement by WEAC attorneys enumerates three complaints against the district, which it says show the district did not negotiate with its teachers in good faith.
The first is that new money paid to teachers for 2012-13 was not in the contract and could be taken away at any time.
Secondly, during mediation, the district was unwilling to engage in real discussion or to change their position.
And third, the district only made two proposals, the second worse for teachers than the first.
WEAC attorneys are asking the state to require the district acknowledge that the behavior in the bargaining process was unlawful, to stop the behavior in the future and to return to the bargaining table.
Neither WEAC officials nor Oak Creek-Franklin School District Superintendent Sara Burmeister were immediately available for comment.
- View some Art in the Park in Oak Creek May 28
- Oak Creek police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- IKEA tries to get into TIF at Oak Creek site (1)
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Oak Creek police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Why did IKEA choose Oak Creek? Location
- Oak Creek to honor veterans May 30
- Oak Creek police report: May 12, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek flies military-spangled banners to honor 'heroes'
- Meijer and Family Life Center partner in Simply Give food pantry donation program