Officers responding to the scene of a drunken driving accident arrested a second drunken driver who attempted to drive around the scene during the early morning hours Sunday.
According to Oak Creek police:
A 29-year-old Oak Creek man was speeding when he plowed into the rear end of a vehicle driving at the posted speed limit in the 1500 block of West Puetz Road shortly before 1:30 a.m. Nov. 4.
Both vehicles left the roadway and were totaled in the accident, but no injuries were reported. The Oak Creek Fire Department was called to the scene due to a large amount of smoke coming from the engine compartment of one of the vehicles.
The 29-year-old man was arrested for drunken driving, second offense, and was cited for unreasonable and imprudent speed. His blood-alcohol content was 0.18.
Approximately 20 minutes after police arrived, a car attempting to drive around the scene of the accident nearly struck a police squad that was parked in the road to block traffic.
The driver of the vehicle, a 33-year-old Oak Creek woman, was pulled over and arrested for drunken driving after a breath test revealed her blood-alcohol content was 0.13.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Teen drug use, prevention panel discussion Thursday, Oct. 30
- Early voting now open at Oak Creek City Hall
- County Supervisor Steve Taylor to host Oak Creek town hall meeting on Wednesday
- County Supervisor Steve Taylor to host Hales Corners town hall meeting on Wednesday
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Lake Vista redevelopment reaches 'point of action' in Oak Creek
- 2 arrested after having sex in car in grocery store parking lot
- Star Wars-themed events held through Saturday at Oak Creek Public Library
- Oak Creek Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014 issue
- Wrecked car cautions high schoolers against impaired, distracted driving