Officers responding to the scene of a drunken driving accident arrested a second drunken driver who attempted to drive around the scene during the early morning hours Sunday.
According to Oak Creek police:
A 29-year-old Oak Creek man was speeding when he plowed into the rear end of a vehicle driving at the posted speed limit in the 1500 block of West Puetz Road shortly before 1:30 a.m. Nov. 4.
Both vehicles left the roadway and were totaled in the accident, but no injuries were reported. The Oak Creek Fire Department was called to the scene due to a large amount of smoke coming from the engine compartment of one of the vehicles.
The 29-year-old man was arrested for drunken driving, second offense, and was cited for unreasonable and imprudent speed. His blood-alcohol content was 0.18.
Approximately 20 minutes after police arrived, a car attempting to drive around the scene of the accident nearly struck a police squad that was parked in the road to block traffic.
The driver of the vehicle, a 33-year-old Oak Creek woman, was pulled over and arrested for drunken driving after a breath test revealed her blood-alcohol content was 0.13.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Seuss' birthday celebrated at Oak Creek library for Family Fun Night
- Got stuff? The Clutter Coach is coming to Oak Creek to help
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 26, 2015, issue
- City divided on addition of Chick-fil-A at Drexel Town Square in Oak Creek
- OCFSD considers more than $1 million in proposed capital improvements
- Milwaukee County Transit expands bus service to Oak Creek
- Sikh Temple shooting examined in one-hour documentary Monday
- Voters in Oak Creek-Franklin and Greendale decide candidates for April 7 election
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 19, 2015, issue
- Four OCFSD school board candidates advance to April's general election