At least six smartphones were stolen during an early morning break-in at Advanced Technologies AT&T on Monday.
According to the Oak Creek police log:
At 5:15 a.m. Monday, officers were dispatched to a commercial burglar alarm sounding at the rear door of Advanced Technologies AT&T, 8241 S. Howell Ave. When police arrived they discovered the rear door had been pried open and a window smashed.
Once inside the intruder tore the alarm panel and wireless connection off the walls and climbed a back display wall to gain access to a storage room.
At the time of the report it was unknown if any computers had been stolen, but an employee stated that at least six smartphones were taken during the burglary. About $150 in cash was left undisturbed.
Police are gathering evidence and are following up with video surveillance from AT&T and surrounding businesses.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Oak Creek Public Library to close for one week during move to Drexel Town Square
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 1, 2015 issue
- Kwik Trip opens second location in Oak Creek
- Job fair to be held at Milwaukee Area Technical College's Oak Creek campus
- MyCommunityNow reporter searching for local ghost stories
- Oak Creek police report: Sept. 24, 2015 issue
- Charcoal Grill restaurant approved for old bank location in Oak Creek (3)
- Friends and fiance embrace Oak Creek woman, a recent double leg amputee (2)