At least six smartphones were stolen during an early morning break-in at Advanced Technologies AT&T on Monday.
According to the Oak Creek police log:
At 5:15 a.m. Monday, officers were dispatched to a commercial burglar alarm sounding at the rear door of Advanced Technologies AT&T, 8241 S. Howell Ave. When police arrived they discovered the rear door had been pried open and a window smashed.
Once inside the intruder tore the alarm panel and wireless connection off the walls and climbed a back display wall to gain access to a storage room.
At the time of the report it was unknown if any computers had been stolen, but an employee stated that at least six smartphones were taken during the burglary. About $150 in cash was left undisturbed.
Police are gathering evidence and are following up with video surveillance from AT&T and surrounding businesses.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Plans for Drexel Town Square coming together
- Oak Creek-Franklin teachers married to coworkers argue against insurance change
- Oak Creek limits time vacant businesses can keep liquor licenses
- Police Report: June 4
- Down in flames but the memory remains for Mahr homestead
- Oak Creek police called when prom reunion ends with ride on luggage cart
- Oak Creek reviews its municipal building plans from floor to ceiling
- Police Report: May 28
- Oak Creek police say drunken driver was texting when he struck and injured motorcyclist
- Oak Creek police: Part of man's ear bitten off during fight at bar