At least six smartphones were stolen during an early morning break-in at Advanced Technologies AT&T on Monday.
According to the Oak Creek police log:
At 5:15 a.m. Monday, officers were dispatched to a commercial burglar alarm sounding at the rear door of Advanced Technologies AT&T, 8241 S. Howell Ave. When police arrived they discovered the rear door had been pried open and a window smashed.
Once inside the intruder tore the alarm panel and wireless connection off the walls and climbed a back display wall to gain access to a storage room.
At the time of the report it was unknown if any computers had been stolen, but an employee stated that at least six smartphones were taken during the burglary. About $150 in cash was left undisturbed.
Police are gathering evidence and are following up with video surveillance from AT&T and surrounding businesses.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood School Board asks legislators to increase school funding
- Oak Creek police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek High School teacher accused of 'profanity-laced tirade' by colleague beats allegations (16)
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District reschedules enrollment boundary meeting (1)
- Oak Creek High School receives special grant to begin home construction class next year
- Oscar's in West Allis sports new look
- Oak Creek police report: April 16, 2015 issue (1)
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District discusses new enrollment boundaries
- Salvation Army in Oak Creek to host human trafficking awareness event