At least six smartphones were stolen during an early morning break-in at Advanced Technologies AT&T on Monday.
According to the Oak Creek police log:
At 5:15 a.m. Monday, officers were dispatched to a commercial burglar alarm sounding at the rear door of Advanced Technologies AT&T, 8241 S. Howell Ave. When police arrived they discovered the rear door had been pried open and a window smashed.
Once inside the intruder tore the alarm panel and wireless connection off the walls and climbed a back display wall to gain access to a storage room.
At the time of the report it was unknown if any computers had been stolen, but an employee stated that at least six smartphones were taken during the burglary. About $150 in cash was left undisturbed.
Police are gathering evidence and are following up with video surveillance from AT&T and surrounding businesses.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man hits workers with gravel because construction made it difficult to get into his driveway
- Helicopter helps place HVAC units on Meijer at Drexel Town Square
- Elderly resident with asthma trapped in elevator at Country View Retirement Home
- Oak Creek Police Report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Oak Creek Knights marching band captures its first state title
- Oak Creek High School production company plays to strengths of The Little Theater
- Amendments may curtail proposed closing of Hales Corners wading pool and elimination of UW-Extension
- In a new proposed OCFSD course, students would build a house
- Oak Creek Water Street Brewery takes one step closer
- Oak Creek woman charged as part of prescription fraud ring