At least six smartphones were stolen during an early morning break-in at Advanced Technologies AT&T on Monday.
According to the Oak Creek police log:
At 5:15 a.m. Monday, officers were dispatched to a commercial burglar alarm sounding at the rear door of Advanced Technologies AT&T, 8241 S. Howell Ave. When police arrived they discovered the rear door had been pried open and a window smashed.
Once inside the intruder tore the alarm panel and wireless connection off the walls and climbed a back display wall to gain access to a storage room.
At the time of the report it was unknown if any computers had been stolen, but an employee stated that at least six smartphones were taken during the burglary. About $150 in cash was left undisturbed.
Police are gathering evidence and are following up with video surveillance from AT&T and surrounding businesses.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore Cinema to feature lounge, pizzeria and leather recliners
- Oak Creek police report: May 28, 2015 issue
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Cafe Blue takes pleasure in providing simple pleasures
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District considers how to address need for auditorium
- Cedar Hills to celebrate fifth-grade artwork in annual Gallery Night
- Oak Creek police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Elmbrook Rotary Club looking for more teams for annual Spikes for Tykes fundraiser
- For Oak Creek-Franklin school boundaries, it's back to Option 1
- Department of Transportation to update local businesses about South 27th Street construction
- Oak Creek's historical society begins tour season on Memorial Day