Viewers of "The Dark Knight Rises" at South Shore Cinemas on Friday night took notice when a fellow movie-goer started acting strangely during an evening showing the Batman film.
Witnesses said the man walked near emergency exits and in the aisles as the film played, and they reported his actions to security personnel who asked the man to leave, according to an Oak Creek police log entry.
Just the day before, in Aurora, Colo., a man watching "Dark Knight Rises" got up before the show started and exited through an emergency exit, only to re-enter with the gun he used to shoot dozens of movie watchers, killing 12.
According to the Oak Creek police log:
Several theater-goers told cinema employees that the man was walking around, stretching in the aisles and walking near the emergency exits while the movie was running.
Theater security personnel confronted the man and asked him to leave. The man denied doing anything wrong, but got his brother and left the cinema in a red vehicle. An employee called police to make sure the man had indeed left the theater.
Police were called again when the same man was seen at the cinema at 9:45 p.m. Sunday. When officers questioned the 24-year-old Cudahy man about his actions of Friday evening, he stated he got up and walked toward the emergency exit because he thought he was going to throw up, but then returned to his seat.
The man was told to leave the theater and not return. He complied.
On July 23, the theater manager came to the Oak Creek Police Station and requested officers issue charges against the man. No citations have been issued.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Academy of Performing Arts to host 2nd annual 'Trunk or Treat' event
- Man robbed in his own backyard in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek police report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek man killed in Sauk County traffic accident
- Oak Creek community buries time capsule at future city hall
- Oak Creek-Franklin School Board receives voter approval to add two more seats
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District approves preliminary budget, calls for tax rate increase
- Tickets now available for Oak Creek's Pig and Chicken Roast
- Oak Creek police report: Aug. 20, 2015 issue
- Parents invited to attend Oak Creek High School's open house