In some instances, Oak Creek can go overboard in how they will handle a problem. Perhaps this should be considered minor, but Oak Creek City Hall, I have two words for you, "You suck."
On Monday, I had no phone service. I went to Tri-City Bank Oak Creek and the manager assisted in calling the telephone company. By Wednesday, nothing was fixed.
I went to City Hall and asked three people - "Oh, we don't let any outside people use our phones," I was told.
Now for three days I had no phone.
My daughter came from Fond du Lac, "What's wrong? It rings and you don't answer!"
I'm 82 and I do consider this an emergency of sorts.
I then went to the Dollar Tree and the manager gave me his cellphone to use. I thank him so very much. But to Oak Creek City Hall and their kindness, two words, "You stink."
One more call which my daughter made and we were told it was an outside wire and they would come Thursday.
One year ago to this date, same problem, and no phone for five days before AT&T fixed it, and to that I say, what a super utility. I hate to think if a disaster occurred and this is how they handle the problem.
Grace J. Schrank
Want to send a letter to the editor of a NOW newspaper?
Letters to the editor should be on subjects of local interest and no longer than 400 words.
Submissions must include the writer’s name, address and telephone number for verification; only the name and community will be published.
Deadline for publication is noon Monday.
Community Newspapers reserves the right to edit letters and does not guarantee publication. E-mail them to email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Plans for Drexel Town Square coming together
- Oak Creek-Franklin teachers married to coworkers argue against insurance change
- Oak Creek limits time vacant businesses can keep liquor licenses
- Police Report: June 4
- Down in flames but the memory remains for Mahr homestead
- Oak Creek police called when prom reunion ends with ride on luggage cart
- Oak Creek reviews its municipal building plans from floor to ceiling
- Police Report: May 28
- Oak Creek police say drunken driver was texting when he struck and injured motorcyclist
- Oak Creek police: Part of man's ear bitten off during fight at bar