In some instances, Oak Creek can go overboard in how they will handle a problem. Perhaps this should be considered minor, but Oak Creek City Hall, I have two words for you, "You suck."
On Monday, I had no phone service. I went to Tri-City Bank Oak Creek and the manager assisted in calling the telephone company. By Wednesday, nothing was fixed.
I went to City Hall and asked three people - "Oh, we don't let any outside people use our phones," I was told.
Now for three days I had no phone.
My daughter came from Fond du Lac, "What's wrong? It rings and you don't answer!"
I'm 82 and I do consider this an emergency of sorts.
I then went to the Dollar Tree and the manager gave me his cellphone to use. I thank him so very much. But to Oak Creek City Hall and their kindness, two words, "You stink."
One more call which my daughter made and we were told it was an outside wire and they would come Thursday.
One year ago to this date, same problem, and no phone for five days before AT&T fixed it, and to that I say, what a super utility. I hate to think if a disaster occurred and this is how they handle the problem.
Grace J. Schrank
Want to send a letter to the editor of a NOW newspaper?
Letters to the editor should be on subjects of local interest and no longer than 400 words.
Submissions must include the writer’s name, address and telephone number for verification; only the name and community will be published.
Deadline for publication is noon Monday.
Community Newspapers reserves the right to edit letters and does not guarantee publication. E-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- View some Art in the Park in Oak Creek May 28
- Oak Creek police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- IKEA tries to get into TIF at Oak Creek site (1)
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Oak Creek police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Why did IKEA choose Oak Creek? Location
- Oak Creek to honor veterans May 30
- Oak Creek police report: May 12, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek flies military-spangled banners to honor 'heroes'
- Meijer and Family Life Center partner in Simply Give food pantry donation program