In some instances, Oak Creek can go overboard in how they will handle a problem. Perhaps this should be considered minor, but Oak Creek City Hall, I have two words for you, "You suck."
On Monday, I had no phone service. I went to Tri-City Bank Oak Creek and the manager assisted in calling the telephone company. By Wednesday, nothing was fixed.
I went to City Hall and asked three people - "Oh, we don't let any outside people use our phones," I was told.
Now for three days I had no phone.
My daughter came from Fond du Lac, "What's wrong? It rings and you don't answer!"
I'm 82 and I do consider this an emergency of sorts.
I then went to the Dollar Tree and the manager gave me his cellphone to use. I thank him so very much. But to Oak Creek City Hall and their kindness, two words, "You stink."
One more call which my daughter made and we were told it was an outside wire and they would come Thursday.
One year ago to this date, same problem, and no phone for five days before AT&T fixed it, and to that I say, what a super utility. I hate to think if a disaster occurred and this is how they handle the problem.
Grace J. Schrank
Want to send a letter to the editor of a NOW newspaper?
Letters to the editor should be on subjects of local interest and no longer than 400 words.
Submissions must include the writer’s name, address and telephone number for verification; only the name and community will be published.
Deadline for publication is noon Monday.
Community Newspapers reserves the right to edit letters and does not guarantee publication. E-mail them to email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood School Board asks legislators to increase school funding
- Oak Creek police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek High School teacher accused of 'profanity-laced tirade' by colleague beats allegations (16)
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District reschedules enrollment boundary meeting (1)
- Oak Creek High School receives special grant to begin home construction class next year
- Oscar's in West Allis sports new look
- Oak Creek police report: April 16, 2015 issue (1)
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District discusses new enrollment boundaries
- Salvation Army in Oak Creek to host human trafficking awareness event