Oak Creek's Michalski won't seek re-election to Common Council
Oak Creek — District 6 Alderman Thomas Michalski will not seek re-election for his aldermanic seat in spring.
Michalski, a retired machine operator who had worked at Rockwell Automation, said he has grown tired of the position and wants to spend more time enjoying retirement. He will retain his seat on the Common Council until the general election April 1.
With eight years of aldermanic experience, Michalski is the second-most veteran alderman after Michael Toman.
Christopher Guzikowski has filed papers to run for Michalski's seat. Other District 6 residents interested in running for the position have until Jan. 7 to file the necessary paperwork and signatures.
Whitnall Park opens clubhouse to warm sledders
Franklin — The Whitnall Park Golf Clubhouse will open its doors to snow adventurers on weekends throughout the winter season. The clubhouse, located at 6751 S. 92nd St., will offer hot chocolate, pizza and burgers on Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sundays from noon to 6 p.m.
People can visit the park on weekdays, from dawn until 10 p.m., but without the amenities of the clubhouse. The sledding area, located between the clubhouse and Mallard Lake, will be lighted daily from 4:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Cross country ski and snowshoe rentals are available at the clubhouse.
Jake's Deli announces Southridge Mall grand opening
Greendale — Milwaukee-based Jake's Deli has announced the grand opening of its new Southridge Mall location will be held on Dec. 27.
The Southridge Mall location will be the restaurant's third deli and the first outside of the city of Milwaukee. The deli will be located in the mall's food court.
For information about Jake's Deli, visit Jakes-Deli.com.
- News & Notes: May 26, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: May 19, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: April 28, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: April 14, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: March 31, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: March 24, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: March 17, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: March 3, 2016
- News & Notes: Feb. 25, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: Jan. 21, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: Jan. 7, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: Dec. 17, 2015
- News & Notes: Nov. 19, 2015
- News & Notes: Nov. 5, 2015
- News & Notes: Oct. 22, 2015
- News & Notes: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: Oct. 1, 2015
- News & Notes: Sept. 17, 2015
- News & Notes: Sept. 3, 2015