Oak Creek - A shoplifting suspect who was being pursued by South Milwaukee police was arrested in Oak Creek after he drove his car into wet cement in a construction area Oct. 24.
According to the Oak Creek police log:
About 11:45 a.m., South Milwaukee police reported a 45-year-old Oak Creek man was driving west on Drexel Avenue, approaching Howell Avenue, when he drove over the median and began driving west in the eastbound lanes of traffic. The vehicle finally became disabled after the man drove through wet cement in a construction area near Howell and Drexel avenues.
Construction workers told police the driver and his passenger, an unidentified female, exited the vehicle and fled on foot. Officers found the man in the 8100 block of South Wynona Drive and took him into custody.
The man also was wanted on a Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office warrant for retail theft. He was turned over to South Milwaukee police.
Police were unable to find the woman.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Special Sikh Temple anniversary program to air Monday on MPTV
- Oak Creek Police Report: July 31, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek tree nursery firmly plants itself in diversity
- Oak Creek skate park still a thrill, almost 10 years later
- BMX, skateboarding competition canceled Saturday in Oak Creek
- Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- 'Land fill' paves way for new lakefront road in Oak Creek
- Zone Baseball makes The Rock its home plate
- Old market lives on in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek Police Report: July 17, 2014 issue