Oak Creek - A South Milwaukee man who drove his car into a ditch was arrested for possession of a controlled substance after he brought a bag containing marijuana and drug paraphernalia into a police squad before being taken home by an officer.
According to the police report:
An officer requested a tow truck after he saw a vehicle in a ditch with its hazard lights on in the 400 block of East Rawson Avenue about 12:45 p.m. Feb. 27. The driver, a 53-year-old South Milwaukee man, told the officer he had lost control of his car.
While waiting for the tow truck to arrive, the officer discovered the driver's license was suspended and he was given a ticket.
When the tow truck arrived, the officer had the man exit his vehicle in order to take him home, due to the man's suspended driving status. Before getting out of his car, the man grabbed a plastic grocery bag from his car and carried it with him to the squad. The officer searched the man, placed him into the rear of the squad and the Woodman's bag was placed on the passenger's seat.
The officer searched the bag after realizing it smelled like fresh marijuana and found it contained a green bank bag filled with four smoking devices and two plastic bags containing 12 grams of THC.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek's Shred Day returns Sept. 26
- Oak Creek police report: Sept. 3, 2015 issue
- Pineapple Café begins to bear fruit with mixed cuisine in Oak Creek
- Milwaukee County Parks extends Oak Leaf Trail to OakView Business Park
- The Academy of Performing Arts to host 2nd annual 'Trunk or Treat' event
- Man robbed in his own backyard in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek police report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek man killed in Sauk County traffic accident
- Oak Creek community buries time capsule at future city hall
- Oak Creek-Franklin School Board receives voter approval to add two more seats