Oak Creek - A South Milwaukee man who drove his car into a ditch was arrested for possession of a controlled substance after he brought a bag containing marijuana and drug paraphernalia into a police squad before being taken home by an officer.
According to the police report:
An officer requested a tow truck after he saw a vehicle in a ditch with its hazard lights on in the 400 block of East Rawson Avenue about 12:45 p.m. Feb. 27. The driver, a 53-year-old South Milwaukee man, told the officer he had lost control of his car.
While waiting for the tow truck to arrive, the officer discovered the driver's license was suspended and he was given a ticket.
When the tow truck arrived, the officer had the man exit his vehicle in order to take him home, due to the man's suspended driving status. Before getting out of his car, the man grabbed a plastic grocery bag from his car and carried it with him to the squad. The officer searched the man, placed him into the rear of the squad and the Woodman's bag was placed on the passenger's seat.
The officer searched the bag after realizing it smelled like fresh marijuana and found it contained a green bank bag filled with four smoking devices and two plastic bags containing 12 grams of THC.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man hits workers with gravel because construction made it difficult to get into his driveway
- Helicopter helps place HVAC units on Meijer at Drexel Town Square
- Elderly resident with asthma trapped in elevator at Country View Retirement Home
- Oak Creek Police Report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Oak Creek Knights marching band captures its first state title
- Oak Creek High School production company plays to strengths of The Little Theater
- Amendments may curtail proposed closing of Hales Corners wading pool and elimination of UW-Extension
- In a new proposed OCFSD course, students would build a house
- Oak Creek Water Street Brewery takes one step closer
- Oak Creek woman charged as part of prescription fraud ring