Oak Creek - Police are investigating a burglary at P&J Bathroom Specialists, 6968 S. 13th St., which occurred over the weekend.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The general manager of P&J Bathroom Specialists called police shortly after 9 a.m. Monday after he came to work and found a window broken and the door kicked in.
Someone had forced his or her way into the main office and stolen three computer monitors and three VHS tapes. They also had forced entry into the accounting office, where they pried open a locked file cabinet and stole a cashbox containing $280.
About $15 was taken from a snack box, and a $350 brushed brass Kohler faucet was taken from one of the displays on the showroom floor.
Damage to the building and file cabinet is estimated at $500.
At 1:50 p.m. the manager called police to report three company checks also had been stolen and cashed at a local bank. Police viewed still photos taken by bank surveillance cameras and are following up with a possible suspect.
- Oak Creek police report: June 2, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek K-9 cops, active and retired, share the same partner
- View some Art in the Park in Oak Creek May 28
- Oak Creek police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- IKEA tries to get into TIF at Oak Creek site (1)
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Oak Creek police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Why did IKEA choose Oak Creek? Location
- Oak Creek to honor veterans May 30
- Oak Creek police report: May 12, 2016 issue