Oak Creek - Police are investigating a burglary at P&J Bathroom Specialists, 6968 S. 13th St., which occurred over the weekend.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The general manager of P&J Bathroom Specialists called police shortly after 9 a.m. Monday after he came to work and found a window broken and the door kicked in.
Someone had forced his or her way into the main office and stolen three computer monitors and three VHS tapes. They also had forced entry into the accounting office, where they pried open a locked file cabinet and stole a cashbox containing $280.
About $15 was taken from a snack box, and a $350 brushed brass Kohler faucet was taken from one of the displays on the showroom floor.
Damage to the building and file cabinet is estimated at $500.
At 1:50 p.m. the manager called police to report three company checks also had been stolen and cashed at a local bank. Police viewed still photos taken by bank surveillance cameras and are following up with a possible suspect.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man hits workers with gravel because construction made it difficult to get into his driveway
- Helicopter helps place HVAC units on Meijer at Drexel Town Square
- Elderly resident with asthma trapped in elevator at Country View Retirement Home
- Oak Creek Police Report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Oak Creek Knights marching band captures its first state title
- Oak Creek High School production company plays to strengths of The Little Theater
- Amendments may curtail proposed closing of Hales Corners wading pool and elimination of UW-Extension
- In a new proposed OCFSD course, students would build a house
- Oak Creek Water Street Brewery takes one step closer
- Oak Creek woman charged as part of prescription fraud ring