Oak Creek - Police are investigating a burglary at P&J Bathroom Specialists, 6968 S. 13th St., which occurred over the weekend.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The general manager of P&J Bathroom Specialists called police shortly after 9 a.m. Monday after he came to work and found a window broken and the door kicked in.
Someone had forced his or her way into the main office and stolen three computer monitors and three VHS tapes. They also had forced entry into the accounting office, where they pried open a locked file cabinet and stole a cashbox containing $280.
About $15 was taken from a snack box, and a $350 brushed brass Kohler faucet was taken from one of the displays on the showroom floor.
Damage to the building and file cabinet is estimated at $500.
At 1:50 p.m. the manager called police to report three company checks also had been stolen and cashed at a local bank. Police viewed still photos taken by bank surveillance cameras and are following up with a possible suspect.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Elmbrook Rotary Club looking for more teams for annual Spikes for Tykes fundraiser
- For Oak Creek-Franklin school boundaries, it's back to Option 1
- Department of Transportation to update local businesses about South 27th Street construction
- Oak Creek's historical society begins tour season on Memorial Day
- Oak Creek High School track now open to public Saturday mornings
- Heart the City 5K/10K to raise awareness for area homeless
- 'Maus,' a graphic novel about the Holocaust, may be added to Oak Creek High School English class
- Oak Creek police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek native directs 'android' ad for filmmaker David Lynch's signature coffee