Oak Creek - Police are investigating a burglary at P&J Bathroom Specialists, 6968 S. 13th St., which occurred over the weekend.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The general manager of P&J Bathroom Specialists called police shortly after 9 a.m. Monday after he came to work and found a window broken and the door kicked in.
Someone had forced his or her way into the main office and stolen three computer monitors and three VHS tapes. They also had forced entry into the accounting office, where they pried open a locked file cabinet and stole a cashbox containing $280.
About $15 was taken from a snack box, and a $350 brushed brass Kohler faucet was taken from one of the displays on the showroom floor.
Damage to the building and file cabinet is estimated at $500.
At 1:50 p.m. the manager called police to report three company checks also had been stolen and cashed at a local bank. Police viewed still photos taken by bank surveillance cameras and are following up with a possible suspect.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek residents to see rate decrease in city portion of tax bill
- Wisconsin DOT: South 27th Street is open for business during holiday season
- Meijer to provide food for Oak Creek's annual 'Evening of Blessings'
- Oak Creek 8th graders 'view the world' as journalists in writing unit, 4 essays to be posted online (1)
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 19, 2015
- Oak Creek planners can live with modified apartment proposal
- Oak Creek Culver's to host annual Kids2Kids Toy Drive
- Resident invited to special Packers event after solving Associated Bank's 'turf search' in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 12, 2015 issue