Oak Creek - Police are investigating a burglary at P&J Bathroom Specialists, 6968 S. 13th St., which occurred over the weekend.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The general manager of P&J Bathroom Specialists called police shortly after 9 a.m. Monday after he came to work and found a window broken and the door kicked in.
Someone had forced his or her way into the main office and stolen three computer monitors and three VHS tapes. They also had forced entry into the accounting office, where they pried open a locked file cabinet and stole a cashbox containing $280.
About $15 was taken from a snack box, and a $350 brushed brass Kohler faucet was taken from one of the displays on the showroom floor.
Damage to the building and file cabinet is estimated at $500.
At 1:50 p.m. the manager called police to report three company checks also had been stolen and cashed at a local bank. Police viewed still photos taken by bank surveillance cameras and are following up with a possible suspect.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale trustees to hold special meeting for Hose Tower discussion
- Resident injured after falling down stairs with oil poured on them
- Oak Creek Police Report: Sept. 11, 2014 issue
- Rough street gets a smooth treatment in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek's history flows onward in milestone celebration
- 'Worst road in Oak Creek' finally sees interim work
- Suzy's Cream Cheesecakes expands operations to Oak Creek
- Large snake slithers into view again near Sikh Temple in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek Police Report: Sept. 4, 2014 issue
- The $59 million and $7 million questions: Oak Creek-Franklin district details Nov. referendum