Police responded to Bootz Saloon and Grill after receiving multiple 911 calls reporting a large fight apparently involving racial slurs at 2:25 a.m. June 7.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
Witnesses said a man at Bootz Saloon, 8950 S. 27th St., started the fight by using racial slurs toward another male patron, which led to a verbal altercation.
A second male then hit the patron on the head with a beer bottle, causing a large laceration, and the three starting scuffling. The patron was tackled into the front door, causing about $500 worth of damage to a window pane.
During the altercation a male security guard also got struck in the back with a beer bottle, but both victims refused medical attention. An uninvolved witness tentatively identified the man who started the disturbance, but the two suspects fled before police arrived and after they received multiple 911 calls about the fight.
Police are reviewing video surveillance of the incident and the investigation is ongoing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: March 5, 2015
- Family Life Center and other Oak Creek resources unite against poverty
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: March 5
- Interactive: Fewer students in Oak Creek are taking free or reduced-price lunches
- Dr. Seuss' birthday celebrated at Oak Creek library for Family Fun Night
- Got stuff? The Clutter Coach is coming to Oak Creek to help
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 26, 2015, issue
- City divided on addition of Chick-fil-A at Drexel Town Square in Oak Creek
- OCFSD considers more than $1 million in proposed capital improvements
- Milwaukee County Transit expands bus service to Oak Creek