Police responded to Bootz Saloon and Grill after receiving multiple 911 calls reporting a large fight apparently involving racial slurs at 2:25 a.m. June 7.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
Witnesses said a man at Bootz Saloon, 8950 S. 27th St., started the fight by using racial slurs toward another male patron, which led to a verbal altercation.
A second male then hit the patron on the head with a beer bottle, causing a large laceration, and the three starting scuffling. The patron was tackled into the front door, causing about $500 worth of damage to a window pane.
During the altercation a male security guard also got struck in the back with a beer bottle, but both victims refused medical attention. An uninvolved witness tentatively identified the man who started the disturbance, but the two suspects fled before police arrived and after they received multiple 911 calls about the fight.
Police are reviewing video surveillance of the incident and the investigation is ongoing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man hits workers with gravel because construction made it difficult to get into his driveway
- Helicopter helps place HVAC units on Meijer at Drexel Town Square
- Elderly resident with asthma trapped in elevator at Country View Retirement Home
- Oak Creek Police Report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Oak Creek Knights marching band captures its first state title
- Oak Creek High School production company plays to strengths of The Little Theater
- Amendments may curtail proposed closing of Hales Corners wading pool and elimination of UW-Extension
- In a new proposed OCFSD course, students would build a house
- Oak Creek Water Street Brewery takes one step closer
- Oak Creek woman charged as part of prescription fraud ring