Police responded to Bootz Saloon and Grill after receiving multiple 911 calls reporting a large fight apparently involving racial slurs at 2:25 a.m. June 7.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
Witnesses said a man at Bootz Saloon, 8950 S. 27th St., started the fight by using racial slurs toward another male patron, which led to a verbal altercation.
A second male then hit the patron on the head with a beer bottle, causing a large laceration, and the three starting scuffling. The patron was tackled into the front door, causing about $500 worth of damage to a window pane.
During the altercation a male security guard also got struck in the back with a beer bottle, but both victims refused medical attention. An uninvolved witness tentatively identified the man who started the disturbance, but the two suspects fled before police arrived and after they received multiple 911 calls about the fight.
Police are reviewing video surveillance of the incident and the investigation is ongoing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sikh Temple shooting first-responding officers to receive Congressional Badge of Bravery
- Special Sikh Temple anniversary program to air Monday on MPTV
- Oak Creek Police Report: July 31, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek tree nursery firmly plants itself in diversity
- Oak Creek skate park still a thrill, almost 10 years later
- BMX, skateboarding competition canceled Saturday in Oak Creek
- Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- 'Land fill' paves way for new lakefront road in Oak Creek
- Zone Baseball makes The Rock its home plate
- Old market lives on in Oak Creek