Oak Creek paramedics took one man, along with a piece of his ear, to the hospital after a chunk of his ear was bitten off during a bar fight in Oak Creek on May 19.
According to the police log:
A bartender at Diane's Second Chance, 9430 S. 27th St., called 911 after one man was injured after a bar fight shortly after 2 a.m. May 19.
When police arrived they found an injured man in the parking lot who stated that he and another unknown man had a verbal altercation in the parking lot before entering the bar. Once both men were inside the bar a physical altercation ensued.
The injured man admitted to police that he punched the other man after he was pushed, and then both men began wrestling on the ground. During the altercation the man told police that the unknown man bit off a 1-inch piece of his right ear.
The "biter" fled the scene before police arrived.
The Oak Creek Fire Department took the injured man to Wheaton Franciscan Hospital. The piece of ear was also taken to Wheaton Franciscan and turned over to the emergency room staff.
Police are still investigating the incident.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale Schools to re-evaluate polling place requests this Thursday
- Oak Creek Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Chick-fil-A celebrates National Lemonade Day with free samples in Brookfield, Greendale
- Police notes: Aug. 14, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek-Franklin board puts school space-related referendum questions on November ballot
- Two years later, Oak Creek officers honored for efforts in Sikh Temple shooting
- Oak Creek Police Report: Aug. 14, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek-Franklin Joint School Board to vote on referendum question
- Oak Creek road rage leads to rollover
- Oak Creek Police Report: Aug. 7, 2014 issue