Oak Creek paramedics took one man, along with a piece of his ear, to the hospital after a chunk of his ear was bitten off during a bar fight in Oak Creek on May 19.
According to the police log:
A bartender at Diane's Second Chance, 9430 S. 27th St., called 911 after one man was injured after a bar fight shortly after 2 a.m. May 19.
When police arrived they found an injured man in the parking lot who stated that he and another unknown man had a verbal altercation in the parking lot before entering the bar. Once both men were inside the bar a physical altercation ensued.
The injured man admitted to police that he punched the other man after he was pushed, and then both men began wrestling on the ground. During the altercation the man told police that the unknown man bit off a 1-inch piece of his right ear.
The "biter" fled the scene before police arrived.
The Oak Creek Fire Department took the injured man to Wheaton Franciscan Hospital. The piece of ear was also taken to Wheaton Franciscan and turned over to the emergency room staff.
Police are still investigating the incident.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Second Dunkin' Donuts store to open in Oak Creek
- Traffic stop nets alcohol-related arrests
- Oak Creek student arrested for punching another student
- Haunted house denied West Elm Road location
- Police Report: March 11
- Community center screens documentary about Sikh temple shooting
- Multiple injured or sick coyote sightings reported in Oak Creek
- School district expects building recommendation by July
- Oak Creek OKs borrowing $20.5 million for City Hall/Library
- Police Report: March 4