Oak Creek — The Community Development Authority on July 10 recommended spending $23,000 on radio ads on Packers game days for next season as a means of promoting development in the city.
The money will come from CDA funds gained from hotel, motel and room taxes. The commercials will be aired in four slots before and after 20 Packers games on WTMJ-AM (620). The proposal came from Journal Broadcast Group, which approached the city.
While the city has purchased money for print ads, this is their first foray into radio advertising and something CDA Director Doug Seymour said was an "outside the box" way of marketing the city.
The Oak Creek Common Council will examine and vote on the proposal in the next few weeks.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek announces open house for new Civic Center
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek residents to see rate decrease in city portion of tax bill
- Wisconsin DOT: South 27th Street is open for business during holiday season (1)
- Meijer to provide food for Oak Creek's annual 'Evening of Blessings'
- Oak Creek 8th graders 'view the world' as journalists in writing unit, 4 essays to be posted online (1)
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 19, 2015
- Oak Creek planners can live with modified apartment proposal
- Oak Creek Culver's to host annual Kids2Kids Toy Drive
- Resident invited to special Packers event after solving Associated Bank's 'turf search' in Oak Creek