Oak Creek — The Community Development Authority on July 10 recommended spending $23,000 on radio ads on Packers game days for next season as a means of promoting development in the city.
The money will come from CDA funds gained from hotel, motel and room taxes. The commercials will be aired in four slots before and after 20 Packers games on WTMJ-AM (620). The proposal came from Journal Broadcast Group, which approached the city.
While the city has purchased money for print ads, this is their first foray into radio advertising and something CDA Director Doug Seymour said was an "outside the box" way of marketing the city.
The Oak Creek Common Council will examine and vote on the proposal in the next few weeks.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- School district expects building recommendation by July
- Oak Creek OKs borrowing $20.5 million for City Hall/Library
- Police Report: March 4
- News & Notes: March 4
- Timber Wolf Preservation Society quietly goes out of business
- Man arrested for pulling man from car, punching him
- Date steals woman's belongings, strands her at gas station
- Kleefisch, Chandler praise Walker's record
- Two Oak Creek-Franklin schools likely to have safer entrances next fall
- Air Force recruiting office reports receiving threatening phone calls