Oak Creek — The Community Development Authority on July 10 recommended spending $23,000 on radio ads on Packers game days for next season as a means of promoting development in the city.
The money will come from CDA funds gained from hotel, motel and room taxes. The commercials will be aired in four slots before and after 20 Packers games on WTMJ-AM (620). The proposal came from Journal Broadcast Group, which approached the city.
While the city has purchased money for print ads, this is their first foray into radio advertising and something CDA Director Doug Seymour said was an "outside the box" way of marketing the city.
The Oak Creek Common Council will examine and vote on the proposal in the next few weeks.
- View some Art in the Park in Oak Creek May 28
- Oak Creek police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- IKEA tries to get into TIF at Oak Creek site (1)
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Oak Creek police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Why did IKEA choose Oak Creek? Location
- Oak Creek to honor veterans May 30
- Oak Creek police report: May 12, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek flies military-spangled banners to honor 'heroes'
- Meijer and Family Life Center partner in Simply Give food pantry donation program