Oak Creek — The Community Development Authority on July 10 recommended spending $23,000 on radio ads on Packers game days for next season as a means of promoting development in the city.
The money will come from CDA funds gained from hotel, motel and room taxes. The commercials will be aired in four slots before and after 20 Packers games on WTMJ-AM (620). The proposal came from Journal Broadcast Group, which approached the city.
While the city has purchased money for print ads, this is their first foray into radio advertising and something CDA Director Doug Seymour said was an "outside the box" way of marketing the city.
The Oak Creek Common Council will examine and vote on the proposal in the next few weeks.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Old market lives on in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek Police Report: July 17, 2014 issue
- Man arrested for masturbating in shopping center lot in Oak Creek
- Eatery falters amid road construction in Oak Creek
- Domestic bird found stray in Oak Creek
- Pixologie photo organizers memorialize life stories
- Alderman settles into new spot on Common Council
- Sweet Music brings southern hospitality to Oak Creek Market Place Village
- Even with planned warning signs, Drexel and Howell avenues still a worry for bicyclists
- Ash borer becomes an even bigger pest in Oak Creek