Oak Creek police are seeking a man who forced a vehicle containing two children off the road during a road-rage incident on Monday evening, Aug. 4.
According to the police dispatch log:
The Oak Creek Fire Department and police responded to a report of a vehicle rollover in the 9000 block of South Chicago Road at about 10:45 p.m.
The victim told police she was traveling southbound on Chicago Road when a truck attempted to pass her and purposely side-swiped her vehicle, causing her vehicle to leave the roadway and roll over. The driver of the truck did not stop when the accident occurred and continued traveling southbound.
The driver of the vehicle and her three passengers, two of them children, were treated at the scene for small lacerations on their hands.
The vehicle is described as a dark-colored truck, possibly an Ford F350, with off-road lights on top of the vehicle. The driver is described as a white male, about 40 years old with brown hair and facial hair.
It was unknown at the time of this report how the road rage started, or what occurred before the hit-and-run driver sideswiped the victim's vehicle. The accident report had not been completed as of late Tuesday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 27, 2014 issue
- Residents can provide input for updated Oak Creek comprehensive plan
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek approves city budget with small tax levy increase
- Owls are a hoot at Deerfield Elementary
- Santa is ready to come to Oak Creek with a holiday workshop, bake contest and games
- Drugs, and concern about them, are on the rise in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek, Franklin residents vote "yes" to only one OCFSD referendum question
- Oak Creek votes in Schimel for attorney general