Oak Creek police are seeking a man who forced a vehicle containing two children off the road during a road-rage incident on Monday evening, Aug. 4.
According to the police dispatch log:
The Oak Creek Fire Department and police responded to a report of a vehicle rollover in the 9000 block of South Chicago Road at about 10:45 p.m.
The victim told police she was traveling southbound on Chicago Road when a truck attempted to pass her and purposely side-swiped her vehicle, causing her vehicle to leave the roadway and roll over. The driver of the truck did not stop when the accident occurred and continued traveling southbound.
The driver of the vehicle and her three passengers, two of them children, were treated at the scene for small lacerations on their hands.
The vehicle is described as a dark-colored truck, possibly an Ford F350, with off-road lights on top of the vehicle. The driver is described as a white male, about 40 years old with brown hair and facial hair.
It was unknown at the time of this report how the road rage started, or what occurred before the hit-and-run driver sideswiped the victim's vehicle. The accident report had not been completed as of late Tuesday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Seuss' birthday celebrated at Oak Creek library for Family Fun Night
- Got stuff? The Clutter Coach is coming to Oak Creek to help
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 26, 2015, issue
- City divided on addition of Chick-fil-A at Drexel Town Square in Oak Creek
- OCFSD considers more than $1 million in proposed capital improvements
- Milwaukee County Transit expands bus service to Oak Creek
- Sikh Temple shooting examined in one-hour documentary Monday
- Voters in Oak Creek-Franklin and Greendale decide candidates for April 7 election
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 19, 2015, issue
- Four OCFSD school board candidates advance to April's general election