An Oak Creek resident found four hand grenades while cleaning out her attic March 18.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The woman was cleaning out her attic at 6:10 p.m. March 18 when she found the hand grenades. She told police her deceased husband had stashed the grenades up there without her knowledge.
Police responded to the home and found a rifle-fired grenade, a hand grenade, a trip-wire flare and a smoke grenade. All were live military ordnance that appeared to have been kept in the house by the resident's deceased husband, who had been in military service.
The items were recovered and destroyed by the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office Explosive Ordnance Disposal Unit.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Trail continues toward Abendschein Park's full development in Oak Creek
- Man arrested for fraud after ordering food, passing out and leaving eatery
- Teen drug use, prevention panel discussion Thursday, Oct. 30
- Early voting now open at Oak Creek City Hall
- County Supervisor Steve Taylor to host Oak Creek town hall meeting on Wednesday
- County Supervisor Steve Taylor to host Hales Corners town hall meeting on Wednesday
- Local schools are bursting at the seams
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Lake Vista redevelopment reaches 'point of action' in Oak Creek