An Oak Creek resident found four hand grenades while cleaning out her attic March 18.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The woman was cleaning out her attic at 6:10 p.m. March 18 when she found the hand grenades. She told police her deceased husband had stashed the grenades up there without her knowledge.
Police responded to the home and found a rifle-fired grenade, a hand grenade, a trip-wire flare and a smoke grenade. All were live military ordnance that appeared to have been kept in the house by the resident's deceased husband, who had been in military service.
The items were recovered and destroyed by the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office Explosive Ordnance Disposal Unit.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek Police Report: Sept. 25, 2014
- Oak Creek volunteers restore Milwaukee home, and more, with their efforts
- Oak Creek Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Suzy's Cream Cheesecakes expands operations to Oak Creek
- Oak Creek Knights stadium available Saturdays for open track
- Greendale trustees to hold special meeting for Hose Tower discussion
- Resident injured after falling down stairs with oil poured on them
- Oak Creek Police Report: Sept. 11, 2014 issue
- Rough street gets a smooth treatment in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek's history flows onward in milestone celebration