An Oak Creek resident found four hand grenades while cleaning out her attic March 18.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The woman was cleaning out her attic at 6:10 p.m. March 18 when she found the hand grenades. She told police her deceased husband had stashed the grenades up there without her knowledge.
Police responded to the home and found a rifle-fired grenade, a hand grenade, a trip-wire flare and a smoke grenade. All were live military ordnance that appeared to have been kept in the house by the resident's deceased husband, who had been in military service.
The items were recovered and destroyed by the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office Explosive Ordnance Disposal Unit.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 'Exciting' Growing Pains: Southbrook to expand church to accommodate thriving congregation
- Oak Creek police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Milwaukee-area teens aim to continue fight against teen suicide
- Oak Creek High School track to be named after Jerry Anstett
- Oak Creek police report: March 26, 2015
- Mayor Steve Scaffidi weighs-in on issues and successes of Oak Creek
- Chick-fil-A approval for Drexel Town Square generates 'buzz' in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek reports former alderwoman Betty Kopplin has died
- Oak Creek police report: March 19, 2015 issue
- Incumbent Ruetz faces former alderman Verhalen in Oak Creek's 3rd District