An Oak Creek resident found four hand grenades while cleaning out her attic March 18.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The woman was cleaning out her attic at 6:10 p.m. March 18 when she found the hand grenades. She told police her deceased husband had stashed the grenades up there without her knowledge.
Police responded to the home and found a rifle-fired grenade, a hand grenade, a trip-wire flare and a smoke grenade. All were live military ordnance that appeared to have been kept in the house by the resident's deceased husband, who had been in military service.
The items were recovered and destroyed by the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office Explosive Ordnance Disposal Unit.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: Dec. 3, 2015 issue
- New schools gain ground in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek announces open house for new Civic Center
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek residents to see rate decrease in city portion of tax bill
- Wisconsin DOT: South 27th Street is open for business during holiday season (1)
- Meijer to provide food for Oak Creek's annual 'Evening of Blessings'
- Oak Creek 8th graders 'view the world' as journalists in writing unit, 4 essays to be posted online (1)
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 19, 2015
- Oak Creek planners can live with modified apartment proposal