· A home was entered and rummaged through in the 2300 block of East Chestnut Drive between noon and 6 p.m. May 27. There were no signs of forced entry and nothing was reported missing.
· A cosmetic bag containing a driver's license, Medicare and prescription cards and gift certificates was taken from a woman's purse while she was shopping at Pick 'n Save, 6462 S. 27th St., between 3:30 and 4:30 p.m. May 23.
· An unidentified male shoplifted $409 worth of kitchen items at Kohl's, 9035 S. Howell Ave., and then fled on foot at about 12:15 p.m. May 27.
· An unidentified man and woman shoplifted four bottles of vodka, valued at $100, at Woodman's, 8131 S. Howell Ave., at about 1:10 p.m. May 27.
· A woman was arrested for shoplifting $62 worth of groceries at Piggly Wiggly, 2201 E. Rawson Ave., at about 2 p.m. May 27.
· A wallet, which contained $350, was taken from a vehicle in the 190 block of East Pine Hollow Lane between 10 p.m. May 26 and 7:30 a.m. May 27.
· An unidentified male and female shoplifted 12 cans of baby formula, valued at $192, at about 2:15 p.m. May 31.
· Both license plates were stolen off a vehicle in the 300 block of West Puetz Road between 7 p.m. May 29 and 8 p.m. June 1.
· A cellphone and a $328 in cash were taken from the top of a bakery display case, accidentally left there by a customer, at Pick 'n Save, 8770 S. Howell Ave., between 7:45 and 8:15 a.m. June 2. Police viewed video surveillance footage and saw a woman take the money and phone.
· Seven large bags filled with crushed cans and two empty propane tanks, together valued at $190, were taken from an open trailer in the 600 block of East Deer Ridge Court between 2 p.m. May 31 and 2 p.m. June 2.
· A male was arrested for having sexual intercourse with a child age 16 or older at Sunrise Shores Motel, 8481 S. Fifth Ave., at about 3 p.m. May 27. The incident allegedly occurred May 24.
· A woman was arrested for maintaining a drug trafficking place, possession of heroin with intent to deliver and possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at Days Inn, 1201 W. College Ave., at about 1:45 a.m. May 28. Police found four partially smoked marijuana blunts in her purse; 8.1 grams of heroin, two packages of razors and angle-cut straws, a digital scale and $2,830 in a backpack in her car; and corner-cut plastic bags, snorting straws, a glass marijuana pipe and $1,189 stacked in a cellphone box. She was also taken into custody for having a valid warrant with the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department for possession of narcotics and drug paraphernalia.
· A woman was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at Phillips 66, 150 W. Rawson Ave., at about 12:45 a.m. May 30. She had called 911 to report a friend had just kicked her out of his car and she had no way to get home.
· A boy was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and carrying a concealed weapon after police found 3.5 grams of marijuana, a green glass pipe and a three-inch folding knife in his possession at Oak Creek High School, 340 E. Puetz Road, at about 1 p.m. June 2.
· A man was arrested for drunken driving (third offense), operating after revocation and for driving the wrong way on a divided highway in the 8800 block of South 27th Street at about 2:55 a.m. June 1. His preliminary blood alcohol content was unavailable.
· One person was transported to Wheaton Franciscan Hospital for neck pain after a three-vehicle, chain-reaction accident in the 600 block of West Drexel Avenue at about 5:50 p.m. May 29. One driver was cited for following too closely.
· The driver's side of a semi was damage in an apparent theft attempt at Pilot Travel Center, 2031 W. Ryan Road, prior to 9:45 a.m. May 27. The driver found pry marks and a six-inch crack in the fiberglass near a storage unit area. Damage is estimated at $500.
· Firefighters and police responded to a report of a truck fire at Integrated Warehouse, 190 W. Marquette Ave., at 10 a.m. May 27. The fire spread to another truck and both units were totaled. After the fire was extinguished, it was discovered the fire was caused by a melted negative battery anode from a short in the system. The trucks were valued at $17,000 each.
· A resident called police to report there were multiple turkeys in the roadway on South Chicago Road and East American Avenue at about 1:35 p.m. May 28. The responding officer reported the turkeys were "courting" each other in the middle of the road nd that some bystanders were able to move them onto a more discrete location off the roadway.
· A resident called 911 to report turkeys in the roadway in the 8700 block of South Chicago Road at about 3 p.m. May 28. The responding officer found two turkeys in a yard there, but they were not causing a hazard. Police also called the wildlife rescue center and the DNR due to the large number of turkey sightings and reports in Oak Creek, but police were informed that no agency will come out to move turkeys that are in their natural territory.
· A man was arrested and cited for operating after suspension, failure to obey a traffic sign/signal and running a red light after he fled police during a field interrogation in the 1400 block of West College Avenue at about 1 a.m. June 2. The suspect fled after an officer approached his vehicle in the lot at Day's Inn due to a strong smell of marijuana coming from his car. He sped off and almost struck another officer who was attempting to get into his squad to pursue him. Police also discovered the suspect was on probation at the time. He was taken into custody.
· Oak Creek police responded to three domestic violence calls and assisted with 21 rescue calls and three fire calls between May 27 and June 3.
- Oak Creek police report: May 5, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek police report: April 14, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek police report: April 7, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek police report: March 31, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek police report: March 24, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek police report: March 17, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek police report: March 10, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek police report: March 3, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 25, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 18, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Jan. 28, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Jan. 21, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Jan. 14, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Jan. 7, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Dec. 31, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek police report: Dec. 24, 2015 issue