Oak Creek — Police are investigating the theft of more than $300,000 worth of weight loss supplements after a manager at Supplement Warehouse, 2440 W. Corporate Preserve Drive, discovered a pallet of the pills went missing between July and September.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The manager called police to report her business was missing a pallet of USP Labs Oxy Elite Pro, which is a fat-burning supplement, Oct. 24. The pallet had been accounted for during an inventory check July 31, but was missing from the warehouse during an inventory check Sept. 9.
The manager told police she believed the pallet had been stolen when a pipe broke at the warehouse in August. During that time a lot of people and companies were in and out of the business, which would have made it easy for someone to steal the pallet.
The company didn't immediately report the theft after the pallet turned up missing during the Sept. 9 inventory because it took a long time to search the entire warehouse to verify that the pallet was not just moved or misplaced.
The pallet contained 7,778 bottles of supplements, valued at $38.95 per bottle.
Officers checked eBay.com as well as craigslist.com for any suspicious listings for the supplements, but did not find any.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood School Board asks legislators to increase school funding
- Oak Creek police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek High School teacher accused of 'profanity-laced tirade' by colleague beats allegations (16)
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District reschedules enrollment boundary meeting (1)
- Oak Creek High School receives special grant to begin home construction class next year
- Oscar's in West Allis sports new look
- Oak Creek police report: April 16, 2015 issue (1)
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District discusses new enrollment boundaries
- Salvation Army in Oak Creek to host human trafficking awareness event