Oak Creek - An officer waiting for a tow truck after arresting a Franklin man for drunken driving in the 2600 block of West Rawson Avenue arrested a second drunken driver at the same location during the early morning hours of Dec. 30.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
An officer came across a vehicle parked in the middle of the road in the 2600 block of West Rawson Avenue about 2:45 a.m. Dec. 30. While questioning the driver, a 26-year-old Franklin man, the officer noticed the man smelled of alcohol. The man admitted to drinking four drinks in a bar prior to driving and failed field sobriety tests. A breath test showed he had a blood-alcohol content of 0.13, and he was arrested for drunken driving.
While the officer sat in his squad waiting for the driver's car to be towed from the scene, about 3:25 a.m., another driver pulled up behind the squad, stopped his car in traffic and began texting on his cellphone. The squad had its emergency lights activated at the time.
The officer went to talk to the driver, a 23-year-old Oak Creek man, and found he had slurred speech and red, glassy eyes and smelled of alcohol. The man admitted to drinking at bars in downtown Milwaukee with friends and stated multiple times that he had made a stupid mistake, should not have driven home and that he was too drunk to drive. He also failed field sobriety tests and was arrested for drunken driving. His BAC was 0.14.
This is the second time in less than two months that Oak Creek police have arrested two drunken drivers at the same place in a short period of time.
At 1:50 a.m. Nov. 4, police arrested a 33-year-old Oak Creek woman for drunken driving after she almost struck a police squad in the 1500 block of West Puetz Road. An officer had parked the squad, with its emergency lights activated, about 1:30 a.m. to block traffic at the scene of a drunken driving accident. Due to that collision, a 29-year-old Oak Creek man had been arrested for drunken driving.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Twitter recap: 50 Cent at Woodman's in Oak Creek
- Now reporter to live tweet 50 Cent appearance in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek-Franklin petition for larger school board verified for public vote (1)
- Oak Creek police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek food distributor faces $85K in fines after employee injury
- Star of 'Dance Moms' to make Oak Creek appearance
- Sikh Temple announces memorial events to honor victims of 2012 shooting
- Oak Creek police report: July 23, 2015 issue
- Four things to know about new Drexel Town Square in Oak Creek (8)
- YES reports campaign to expand Oak Creek School Board has enough signatures for public vote (2)