A 42-year-old Oak Creek man was arrested for physical abuse of a child after he allegedly beat up his 15-year-old stepson Sept. 26.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
Police were made aware of the incident after they received an anonymous phone call at 11 a.m. Sept. 28, stating that a 15-year-old boy had been substantially injured during an altercation with his non-adoptive stepfather.
The boy had bruises on his nose, arms and chest, his forehead was swollen above the left eye and the back of his head was swollen.
The boy told officers he bled from his nose, a cut above his left eye and his left ear after being struck by his stepfather. He reported significant pain.
After the stepfather was read his rights and signed a waiver, he admitted causing the boy's injuries by striking him multiple times in the face, head, ears, chest and arms about 9:30 p.m. Sept. 26.
He was arrested for physical abuse of a child, a Class H felony. If convicted, he could face up to six years in prison and $10,000 in fines.
- Video: 'Why not Oak Creek?' IKEA plans to open furniture store in summer 2018
- Furniture retailer IKEA reportedly eyeing site in Oak Creek (1)
- Annual Oak Creek bike rodeo mixes fun and safety
- Oak Creek police report: May 5, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek student facing charges after stealing car, eluding police
- Oak Creek police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District's director of business reflects on career, looks forward in Q&A
- Meijer customers given opportunity to co-star in television commercial
- Oak Creek receives 'Vision Award' for Drexel Town Square development