A 42-year-old Oak Creek man was arrested for physical abuse of a child after he allegedly beat up his 15-year-old stepson Sept. 26.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
Police were made aware of the incident after they received an anonymous phone call at 11 a.m. Sept. 28, stating that a 15-year-old boy had been substantially injured during an altercation with his non-adoptive stepfather.
The boy had bruises on his nose, arms and chest, his forehead was swollen above the left eye and the back of his head was swollen.
The boy told officers he bled from his nose, a cut above his left eye and his left ear after being struck by his stepfather. He reported significant pain.
After the stepfather was read his rights and signed a waiver, he admitted causing the boy's injuries by striking him multiple times in the face, head, ears, chest and arms about 9:30 p.m. Sept. 26.
He was arrested for physical abuse of a child, a Class H felony. If convicted, he could face up to six years in prison and $10,000 in fines.
- View some Art in the Park in Oak Creek May 28
- Oak Creek police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- IKEA tries to get into TIF at Oak Creek site (1)
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Oak Creek police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Why did IKEA choose Oak Creek? Location
- Oak Creek to honor veterans May 30
- Oak Creek police report: May 12, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek flies military-spangled banners to honor 'heroes'
- Meijer and Family Life Center partner in Simply Give food pantry donation program