A 42-year-old Oak Creek man was arrested for physical abuse of a child after he allegedly beat up his 15-year-old stepson Sept. 26.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
Police were made aware of the incident after they received an anonymous phone call at 11 a.m. Sept. 28, stating that a 15-year-old boy had been substantially injured during an altercation with his non-adoptive stepfather.
The boy had bruises on his nose, arms and chest, his forehead was swollen above the left eye and the back of his head was swollen.
The boy told officers he bled from his nose, a cut above his left eye and his left ear after being struck by his stepfather. He reported significant pain.
After the stepfather was read his rights and signed a waiver, he admitted causing the boy's injuries by striking him multiple times in the face, head, ears, chest and arms about 9:30 p.m. Sept. 26.
He was arrested for physical abuse of a child, a Class H felony. If convicted, he could face up to six years in prison and $10,000 in fines.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man hits workers with gravel because construction made it difficult to get into his driveway
- Helicopter helps place HVAC units on Meijer at Drexel Town Square
- Elderly resident with asthma trapped in elevator at Country View Retirement Home
- Oak Creek Police Report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Oak Creek Knights marching band captures its first state title
- Oak Creek High School production company plays to strengths of The Little Theater
- Amendments may curtail proposed closing of Hales Corners wading pool and elimination of UW-Extension
- In a new proposed OCFSD course, students would build a house
- Oak Creek Water Street Brewery takes one step closer
- Oak Creek woman charged as part of prescription fraud ring