A new teacher compensation structure based on performance and instructional effectiveness was approved by Oak Creek Franklin School Board members Monday in response to the state's new teacher evaluation program.
Instructors' professionalism, leadership and instructional effectiveness will be assessed in the new structure and will categorize them into four tier groups. Initial educators comprise tier one; professional or master educators will be identified as tier two, three or four, depending on how consistently instructors demonstrate professionalism, leadership and instructional effectiveness.
The pay range for each tier will reflect the increased level of effectiveness, according to the School Board meeting minutes. Tier four is the maximum pay range.
The School Board is now tasked to work out details of the compensation structure, including pay range minimum and maximums, while staying competitive to other districts.
- View some Art in the Park in Oak Creek May 28
- Oak Creek police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- IKEA tries to get into TIF at Oak Creek site (1)
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Oak Creek police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Why did IKEA choose Oak Creek? Location
- Oak Creek to honor veterans May 30
- Oak Creek police report: May 12, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek flies military-spangled banners to honor 'heroes'
- Meijer and Family Life Center partner in Simply Give food pantry donation program