A new teacher compensation structure based on performance and instructional effectiveness was approved by Oak Creek Franklin School Board members Monday in response to the state's new teacher evaluation program.
Instructors' professionalism, leadership and instructional effectiveness will be assessed in the new structure and will categorize them into four tier groups. Initial educators comprise tier one; professional or master educators will be identified as tier two, three or four, depending on how consistently instructors demonstrate professionalism, leadership and instructional effectiveness.
The pay range for each tier will reflect the increased level of effectiveness, according to the School Board meeting minutes. Tier four is the maximum pay range.
The School Board is now tasked to work out details of the compensation structure, including pay range minimum and maximums, while staying competitive to other districts.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Oak Creek Public Library to close for one week during move to Drexel Town Square
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 1, 2015 issue
- Kwik Trip opens second location in Oak Creek
- Job fair to be held at Milwaukee Area Technical College's Oak Creek campus
- MyCommunityNow reporter searching for local ghost stories
- Oak Creek police report: Sept. 24, 2015 issue
- Charcoal Grill restaurant approved for old bank location in Oak Creek (3)
- Friends and fiance embrace Oak Creek woman, a recent double leg amputee (2)
- Gigi's Cupcakes announces new location in Oak Creek's Drexel Town Square