A resident of an Oak Creek apartment complex called police Nov. 29 to report an odor of "burning flesh," but all police found was a feast of food.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
A resident of an apartment complex in the 600 block of West Riverwood Drive called police the afternoon of Nov. 29 to report there was a "burning flesh" odor coming from somewhere in her building, and the resident said that it occurs often.
An officer went to the building and reported the he detected the smells of fresh baked bread, pumpkin pie, ham seasoned with brown sugar and cloves, taco seasoning, several Asian spices and various candle scents. The officer did not detect any odors that would be deemed as obnoxious or smelled like burning flesh, and the complaint was deemed unfounded.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alverno College students to work with Greendale schools for reading program
- Woman was struck after argument about friend being hit in the groin
- Oak Creek Police Report: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Greendale trustees rescind polling place referendum question
- Flight for Life responds to rollover accident in Greendale
- St. Francis and Oak Creek combine police dispatch units: Cities combine police dispatch units
- Motorist chased children, used racial slur, cops say
- Greendale School District to "get on a different trajectory" for polling place issue
- Greendale Schools to re-evaluate polling place requests this Thursday
- Oak Creek Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue