A resident of an Oak Creek apartment complex called police Nov. 29 to report an odor of "burning flesh," but all police found was a feast of food.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
A resident of an apartment complex in the 600 block of West Riverwood Drive called police the afternoon of Nov. 29 to report there was a "burning flesh" odor coming from somewhere in her building, and the resident said that it occurs often.
An officer went to the building and reported the he detected the smells of fresh baked bread, pumpkin pie, ham seasoned with brown sugar and cloves, taco seasoning, several Asian spices and various candle scents. The officer did not detect any odors that would be deemed as obnoxious or smelled like burning flesh, and the complaint was deemed unfounded.
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Oak Creek police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Why did IKEA choose Oak Creek? Location
- Oak Creek to honor veterans May 30
- Oak Creek police report: May 12, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek flies military-spangled banners to honor 'heroes'
- Meijer and Family Life Center partner in Simply Give food pantry donation program
- Video: 'Why not Oak Creek?' IKEA plans to open furniture store in summer 2018
- Furniture retailer IKEA reportedly eyeing site in Oak Creek (1)
- Annual Oak Creek bike rodeo mixes fun and safety