The city of Oak Creek lifted its open burning ban today.
Recommendations and regulations still apply for people who wish to conduct controlled burning within the city, a city notice states.
Controlled burning permits can be requested through the Oak Creek Dispatch Center by calling (414) 762-8200, Option 0.
Those who adhere to the recommended burning guidelines may be allowed to burn in outdoor fireplaces, fire pits and burn barrels.
However, the Fire and/or Police departments retain the right to investigate any type of outdoor burning. If a nuisance call is received, and is directly related to the burn, all fires will be required to be completely extinguished.
Sparklers, caps and "snakes" are the only legal fireworks in Oak Creek, and may only be used on private property.
Contact the dispatch center for more information about what can be burned and other regulations.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Oak Creek Public Library to close for one week during move to Drexel Town Square
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 1, 2015 issue
- Kwik Trip opens second location in Oak Creek
- Job fair to be held at Milwaukee Area Technical College's Oak Creek campus
- MyCommunityNow reporter searching for local ghost stories
- Oak Creek police report: Sept. 24, 2015 issue
- Charcoal Grill restaurant approved for old bank location in Oak Creek (3)
- Friends and fiance embrace Oak Creek woman, a recent double leg amputee (2)
- Gigi's Cupcakes announces new location in Oak Creek's Drexel Town Square