The city of Oak Creek lifted its open burning ban today.
Recommendations and regulations still apply for people who wish to conduct controlled burning within the city, a city notice states.
Controlled burning permits can be requested through the Oak Creek Dispatch Center by calling (414) 762-8200, Option 0.
Those who adhere to the recommended burning guidelines may be allowed to burn in outdoor fireplaces, fire pits and burn barrels.
However, the Fire and/or Police departments retain the right to investigate any type of outdoor burning. If a nuisance call is received, and is directly related to the burn, all fires will be required to be completely extinguished.
Sparklers, caps and "snakes" are the only legal fireworks in Oak Creek, and may only be used on private property.
Contact the dispatch center for more information about what can be burned and other regulations.
- View some Art in the Park in Oak Creek May 28
- Oak Creek police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- IKEA tries to get into TIF at Oak Creek site (1)
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Oak Creek police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Why did IKEA choose Oak Creek? Location
- Oak Creek to honor veterans May 30
- Oak Creek police report: May 12, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek flies military-spangled banners to honor 'heroes'
- Meijer and Family Life Center partner in Simply Give food pantry donation program