Employees and passengers on an Amtrak train got more scenery than they bargained for last week when a woman disrobed, sat on the floor and refused to get dressed.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
Dispatchers received a call from the Canadian Pacific Railway Police just after 6 p.m. March 26, requesting officers respond to an Amtrak train that was stopped at the railroad crossing in the 1000 block of West Puetz Road.
The caller told police there was a naked woman in the first car of the train and they wanted her removed.
According to witness accounts, a railroad employee found the 38-year-old West Allis woman topless in the vestibule of the forward train car and asked her to put her shirt back on. A short time later, the train conductor found the woman in the same location, but by this time she was completely nude. The conductor stopped the train at the West Puetz Road crossing and contacted police for assistance.
When officers arrived they found the woman, still nude, in the front vestibule behind the cab. The woman was sitting on the floor with her eyes closed, holding onto a beaded necklace, and refused to speak or comply with officer's orders.
Police then advised the woman she was under arrest, but when officers attempted to assist her into a standing position the woman locked her arms down and would not comply.
Believing the woman was having some kind of medical emergency, the Oak Creek Fire Department responded and assisted in getting the woman off the train and into an ambulance.
When she was interviewed at the hospital the woman would not say why she had taken her clothes off, but did display an understanding of what she had done on the train. She told officers she was not suicidal and was not trying to harm herself or anyone else.
An officer spoke with the emergency room doctor at Wheaton Franciscan, who advised police that their staff believed the woman did not need emergency detention.
The woman was eventually taken into custody and cited for lewd and lascivious behavior and obstructing an officer before being released to a relative.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Oak Creek teams with Packer Radio Network for merchandise giveaway
- Hotel calls police about woman being beaten, but it was a couple role-playing during sex
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Ready to move into a luxury apartment in Drexel Town Square?
- Oak Creek Police Report: Sept. 25, 2014
- Oak Creek volunteers restore Milwaukee home, and more, with their efforts
- Oak Creek Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Suzy's Cream Cheesecakes expands operations to Oak Creek
- Oak Creek Knights stadium available Saturdays for open track