A caller reported a motorist chased her children and used a racial slur toward them while they were walking Aug. 2.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The children were walking in the area of Rawson and Quincy avenues about 7:15 p.m. Aug. 2 when a man driving a red pickup truck chased her children and used a racial slur.
The responding officer spoke to the children, who stated the man got out of his truck and started chasing them southbound through a wooded area.
The man stated, "Lucky I don't have a gun, I would shoot you guys," and then got into his truck and was last seen traveling eastbound on Rawson Avenue.
Police checked the area but were unable to find the man.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Elmbrook Rotary Club looking for more teams for annual Spikes for Tykes fundraiser
- For Oak Creek-Franklin school boundaries, it's back to Option 1
- Department of Transportation to update local businesses about South 27th Street construction
- Oak Creek's historical society begins tour season on Memorial Day
- Oak Creek High School track now open to public Saturday mornings
- Heart the City 5K/10K to raise awareness for area homeless
- 'Maus,' a graphic novel about the Holocaust, may be added to Oak Creek High School English class
- Oak Creek police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek native directs 'android' ad for filmmaker David Lynch's signature coffee