A caller reported a motorist chased her children and used a racial slur toward them while they were walking Aug. 2.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The children were walking in the area of Rawson and Quincy avenues about 7:15 p.m. Aug. 2 when a man driving a red pickup truck chased her children and used a racial slur.
The responding officer spoke to the children, who stated the man got out of his truck and started chasing them southbound through a wooded area.
The man stated, "Lucky I don't have a gun, I would shoot you guys," and then got into his truck and was last seen traveling eastbound on Rawson Avenue.
Police checked the area but were unable to find the man.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Trail continues toward Abendschein Park's full development in Oak Creek
- Man arrested for fraud after ordering food, passing out and leaving eatery
- Teen drug use, prevention panel discussion Thursday, Oct. 30
- Early voting now open at Oak Creek City Hall
- County Supervisor Steve Taylor to host Oak Creek town hall meeting on Wednesday
- County Supervisor Steve Taylor to host Hales Corners town hall meeting on Wednesday
- Oak Creek police report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Lake Vista redevelopment reaches 'point of action' in Oak Creek
- 2 arrested after having sex in car in grocery store parking lot