A caller reported a motorist chased her children and used a racial slur toward them while they were walking Aug. 2.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The children were walking in the area of Rawson and Quincy avenues about 7:15 p.m. Aug. 2 when a man driving a red pickup truck chased her children and used a racial slur.
The responding officer spoke to the children, who stated the man got out of his truck and started chasing them southbound through a wooded area.
The man stated, "Lucky I don't have a gun, I would shoot you guys," and then got into his truck and was last seen traveling eastbound on Rawson Avenue.
Police checked the area but were unable to find the man.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free women's self-dense seminar in March
- Oak Creek's Meijer will open in August
- Drexel Town Square's Emerald Row apartments lauded for 'urban and pedestrian feel'
- Oak Creek High School may add boys volleyball, girls golf
- Oak Creek police report: Jan. 29, 2015, issue
- Azura Memory Care wants to open its 13th Wisconsin facility in Oak Creek
- Knight Construction will give high school students a home-building experience
- Election Forum: District 3 alderman candidates share their point of view before primary election
- OCFSD school board member resigns
- Chick-fil-A seeks Oak Creek's Drexel Town Square for new restaurant