Oak Creek — A cab driver who decided to spend an afternoon at an Oak Creek hotel with an "old female friend" he picked up in Milwaukee called police after he woke up a few hours later and found his friend missing — along with his cab, his money and his cellphone — Dec. 22.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The man told police he picked up an old female friend at an Open Pantry in Milwaukee and took her to a room at the Candlewood Suites, 6440 S. 13th St., about 12:45 p.m.
He told police he believed her name was "Nikki," but he didn't know her last name or any other information about her.
The investigating officer contacted an employee at Candlewood Suites, who confirmed that the two did check into the room about 12:47 p.m. The employee also told police she received a call from the female, who wanted to know if the hotel had any sex toys available for sale or rent.
The man told police he and the woman drank alcohol together, and that he fell asleep about 1:30 p.m. When he woke up about 7:20 p.m., his friend, his car keys, his yellow 1999 Dodge Caravan, a $630 cellphone and about $240 were missing.
At 9:15 p.m. Dec. 23, police received a call from the man, who had found his vehicle in the 1000 block of South 20th Street in Milwaukee. There was no damage to the vehicle, but he later reported that a $130 GPS unit he had inside his cab was missing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Former MLB player John Mallee to coach at Prospect Training Academy
- Black Bear Bottling named 2015 Business of the Year by South Suburban Chamber of Commerce
- Oak Creek Common Council denies police chief's request for 7.5-percent raise — at least for 2016
- Oak Creek police report: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Tickets now on sale for annual 'Taste of Oak Creek-Franklin' fundraiser
- Oak Creek's former city hall, library now demolished
- Oak Creek participates in national Water and Health Study
- Video: Oak Creek reflects on Obama's call for tighter gun legislation
- Oak Creek police report: Jan. 28, 2016 issue
- New Oak Creek Goodwill Store to host grand opening (3)