Oak Creek - A Milwaukee man who drove his car off the roadway was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia after trying to swallow a metal pipe while en route to the hospital about 5:20 p.m. Sunday.
According to the Oak Creek police log:
A 911 caller reported the man - whose vehicle had veered off the roadway and come to rest in a yard in the 200 block East Forest Hill Avenue - was in medical distress.
When officers arrived, the driver, a 54-year-old Milwaukee man, was flailing his arms and convulsing. Officers were able to restrain the man until paramedics arrived and took him to Wheaton Franciscan for evaluation.
While en route to the hospital, the man took a metal pipe containing burned residue out of his waistband and tried to swallow it. The man admitted the residue was K2, a synthetic marijuana that he purchases online.
He was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia and was turned over to a relative after he was medically cleared.
Neither the yard nor the vehicle suffered any damage.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Oak Creek residents to see rate decrease in city portion of tax bill
- Wisconsin DOT: South 27th Street is open for business during holiday season (1)
- Meijer to provide food for Oak Creek's annual 'Evening of Blessings'
- Oak Creek 8th graders 'view the world' as journalists in writing unit, 4 essays to be posted online (1)
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 19, 2015
- Oak Creek planners can live with modified apartment proposal
- Oak Creek Culver's to host annual Kids2Kids Toy Drive
- Resident invited to special Packers event after solving Associated Bank's 'turf search' in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek police report: Nov. 12, 2015 issue