Oak Creek - A Milwaukee man who drove his car off the roadway was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia after trying to swallow a metal pipe while en route to the hospital about 5:20 p.m. Sunday.
According to the Oak Creek police log:
A 911 caller reported the man - whose vehicle had veered off the roadway and come to rest in a yard in the 200 block East Forest Hill Avenue - was in medical distress.
When officers arrived, the driver, a 54-year-old Milwaukee man, was flailing his arms and convulsing. Officers were able to restrain the man until paramedics arrived and took him to Wheaton Franciscan for evaluation.
While en route to the hospital, the man took a metal pipe containing burned residue out of his waistband and tried to swallow it. The man admitted the residue was K2, a synthetic marijuana that he purchases online.
He was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia and was turned over to a relative after he was medically cleared.
Neither the yard nor the vehicle suffered any damage.
- Oak Creek increases dog ownership limit from two to three
- Oak Creek police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek's Summer Concert Series begins June 29
- Splash pad gets off to a slippery start at Drexel Town Square (1)
- Nominations being accepted for the 2016 Oak Creek Landscaping Awards
- Oak Creek combating Emerald Ash Borer with chemicals
- Oak Creek police report: June 16, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek's Miliacca eyes state pageant title
- Oak Creek passes agreement for senior community in Drexel Town Square
- Oak Creek makes a splash opening its splash pad in Drexel Town Square