Oak Creek - A Milwaukee man who drove his car off the roadway was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia after trying to swallow a metal pipe while en route to the hospital about 5:20 p.m. Sunday.
According to the Oak Creek police log:
A 911 caller reported the man - whose vehicle had veered off the roadway and come to rest in a yard in the 200 block East Forest Hill Avenue - was in medical distress.
When officers arrived, the driver, a 54-year-old Milwaukee man, was flailing his arms and convulsing. Officers were able to restrain the man until paramedics arrived and took him to Wheaton Franciscan for evaluation.
While en route to the hospital, the man took a metal pipe containing burned residue out of his waistband and attempted to swallow it. The man admitted the residue was K2, a synthetic marijuana that he purchases online.
He was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia and was turned over to a relative after he was medically cleared.
Neither the yard nor the vehicle sustained any damage.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: April 24
- Firefighters respond to report of smoke at home, find DJ smoke machine on
- Police Report: April 22
- Jack Lang, 76, faces life in prison for allegedly killing his wife for 'giving him hell'
- Stella and Chewy's to relocate, expand to Oakview Business Park
- State of the City Twitter chat probes Drexel Town Square, construction and more
- Social media: Oak Creek Ask the Mayor Twitter chat recap
- Police, firefighters respond to brush, leaf fires in Oak Creek
- Oak Creek Mayor Scaffidi to host 'State of the City' chat via Twitter tonight
- News & Notes: April 17