Oak Creek - A Milwaukee man who drove his car off the roadway was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia after trying to swallow a metal pipe while en route to the hospital about 5:20 p.m. Sunday.
According to the Oak Creek police log:
A 911 caller reported the man - whose vehicle had veered off the roadway and come to rest in a yard in the 200 block East Forest Hill Avenue - was in medical distress.
When officers arrived, the driver, a 54-year-old Milwaukee man, was flailing his arms and convulsing. Officers were able to restrain the man until paramedics arrived and took him to Wheaton Franciscan for evaluation.
While en route to the hospital, the man took a metal pipe containing burned residue out of his waistband and attempted to swallow it. The man admitted the residue was K2, a synthetic marijuana that he purchases online.
He was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia and was turned over to a relative after he was medically cleared.
Neither the yard nor the vehicle sustained any damage.
- Oak Creek hangs banners at Drexel Town Square in honor of local military heroes
- Oak Creek police report: July 21, 2016 issue
- Corrections: Atty McGrath
- 'Little Mermaid' swims into Greendale Community Theatre
- Charcoal Grill and Rotisserie lights its grill in Oak Creek July 18
- Oak Creek offering free trial of activities in July
- Oak Creek Police offer tips when to say no to Pokemon Go
- Oak Creek Police Chief John Edwards taking job at Froedert in Menomonee Falls
- Oak Creek police report: July 14, 2016 issue
- Aldi looking to test a full bakery at its Oak Creek store