Oak Creek - A Milwaukee man who drove his car off the roadway was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia after trying to swallow a metal pipe while en route to the hospital about 5:20 p.m. Sunday.
According to the Oak Creek police log:
A 911 caller reported the man - whose vehicle had veered off the roadway and come to rest in a yard in the 200 block East Forest Hill Avenue - was in medical distress.
When officers arrived, the driver, a 54-year-old Milwaukee man, was flailing his arms and convulsing. Officers were able to restrain the man until paramedics arrived and took him to Wheaton Franciscan for evaluation.
While en route to the hospital, the man took a metal pipe containing burned residue out of his waistband and attempted to swallow it. The man admitted the residue was K2, a synthetic marijuana that he purchases online.
He was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia and was turned over to a relative after he was medically cleared.
Neither the yard nor the vehicle sustained any damage.
- View some Art in the Park in Oak Creek May 28
- Oak Creek police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- IKEA tries to get into TIF at Oak Creek site (1)
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Oak Creek police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Why did IKEA choose Oak Creek? Location
- Oak Creek to honor veterans May 30
- Oak Creek police report: May 12, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek flies military-spangled banners to honor 'heroes'
- Meijer and Family Life Center partner in Simply Give food pantry donation program